• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Black Friday Sale Ads

sadly, I'm in on this. I'll be outside sears when the doors open to get a deal on new appliances for the kitchen. It's stupid, but I'll save about $1000, so it's worth my time I guess.

I really think alot of the participants are just there to be part of the frenzy. Yes they'll save a couple of bucks but mostly it's the excitement of it. My inlaws for example.

I was up for it a couple years back when I got a TV. But since I don't need anything, I will be sleeping in. Also not to be a party pooper but I davidf in that most people are in it for the event. (aka wasting money) They don't really "need" anything but they "want" something. One doesn't necessarily justify the other. But then I drive an NSX because I want to, not because I need to, so what the hell do I know. :wink::tongue::biggrin:

90% of the time the exact deals can be found online within a couple months if you know where and when to look (slickdeals.net etc.). If you are looking for something specific and it corresponds well with a deal you are reasonably sure you'll actually get before it runs out, it can be worth it.

You'd have to save me a lot of money to stand out in the cold all night for no reason. Unless I'm in the woods in a tent, I pay to do that for some reason.

I really think alot of the participants are just there to be part of the frenzy. Yes they'll save a couple of bucks but mostly it's the excitement of it. My inlaws for example.

Maybe we could take your inlaws and my inlaws put them in a room with a 1/2 off big scren tv as the prize and let them go at it. We could sell tickets for 10 bucks each.

BTW that 19.99 Rigid shop vac at home depot is a really good deal. Normally a 100 dollar shop vac. I should go buy 10 and throw them in my warehouse.

Last edited:
Back