• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Black Powdercoating

Have IForged 18/19 set up, and going to powdercoat the entire wheel centers and rim black except the nuts/rivets will stay silver. Who has done this and what version of balck is better? semiflat or gloss or a combo? My NSX is red...............thanks:cool:

Given those constraints, Satin (low-gloss) Black sounds like the right answer.

Brian

Given those constraints, Satin (low-gloss) Black sounds like the right answer.

Brian

Thats it for replies? Geez dudes............:cool:

Well, I am going to be one to say that I would try plastidip first - then if you really like it and/or feel the need, you can then choose to powder coat.

If you don't like it - just peel it!

I would say satin for the centers and gloss black lips. I like that look personally.

I also agree with angus and the palatial. You can get the glossifier for it to try different finishes as well.

I think satin center and gloss lips might look good too, with possibly gold colored rivets and lug nuts.......could do plastidip, but would cover rivets.......

I think satin center and gloss lips might look good too, with possibly gold colored rivets and lug nuts.......could do plastidip, but would cover rivets.......

You simply use a bamboo skewer to pull it off the rivets, I have done it - works like a charm.

OK, I don't like polished, so I will be going either satin black, or gloss black powder coat. I noticed satin black wheels dirty as hell from brake dust look Ok, Which are easier to maintain the satin black or gloss? You can wax gloss, but i think would show water spots badly. Any black wheels owners have a comment?

Back