• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Blackend Motorsports Damper Kit Review

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145759

Packaging was excellent. 10/10 - couldn't of ask for anything better.

Instructions 9.5/10 - instructions were excellent. Probably one of the best step by steps I have received from a Prime vendor, with excellent photos. The only improvement I would have made was where it says to tighten a bolt to "factory specs" I would have listed the spec (16lb/ft for the top bolt and 33 lb/ft for the bottom) so I didn't have to go look it up in the manual. :wink:

Installation difficulty (NA2) - easy. Took me about 40 minutes taking my time and going slowly.

OK - how does it work? I have only had one quick drive to test it and let's just say it's not any kind of night and day difference. So, I will reserve further comments until I get to really test it and more importantly get it out on the track. Mid Ohio April 15-17th. :cool:

I will definitely report back.

Thanks for the torque specs. The packaging of the kit was great. I have not installed the kit yet. Every time I think winter is over, we seem to get another surprise snow.

+1 on the review.

It took me about 30mins to install. I just took my SC off so my engine was already clean. The only thing I ran into was the larger bolt that remains on the block - on the supplied bracket my hole was too small for the factory bolt. So, 10 sec later with a drill bit it was good..

Like Cl65 said. I have not driven the car hard enough yet to give a good review..

Good to hear guys, thanks for the feedback. I know the tolerances were set dead on for manufacturing but with powder coat on top...sometimes the holes get a little too snug.

Instructions 9.5/10 - instructions were excellent. Probably one of the best step by steps I have received from a Prime vendor, with excellent photos. The only improvement I would have made was where it says to tighten a bolt to "factory specs" I would have listed the spec (16lb/ft for the top bolt and 33 lb/ft for the bottom) so I didn't have to go look it up in the manual. :wink:

Hahaaa - busted! Osiris_x11 and I had that discussion while making up the instructions and I never dug out the manual for the exact specs (like he told me I should) LOL - guilty as charged! But hey, gotta leave a little upward mobility so I can release new and improved version 2.0 right?!?!?! :biggrin:

The only thing I ran into was the larger bolt that remains on the block - on the supplied bracket my hole was too small for the factory bolt. So, 10 sec later with a drill bit it was good..

+1 I just wratched it through with the brace off the car until it got past the threads to the smooth part and then installed it. It is so close but the bolt won't push through by hand, I'm SURE it is just the thickness of the powder coating.

Last edited:
Back