• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy Blackend Motorsports NSX Engine Torque Damper Kits

NSX Prime Group Buy Form - NOW ACCEPTING PAYMENTS FROM PEOPLE ON THE LIST BELOW

MODS: Please leave this thread open though so I can update payment info and shipped status

This is a:
[X] Direct vendor group buy
[ ] Third party group buy
If third party, payment will be made:
[ ] Directly to the vendor (must link to vendor's NSX Prime Vendor page or include address and contact info.)
[ ] To a third party (Any third party taking payment must follow Vendor Requirements)

Minimum Number of Units (can be tiered pricing):1

Maximum Number of Units (can be unlimited):10

Closing Date (max. 90 days - no open-ended group buys):45 Days

Product Will Ship:
[ ] As payments are received
[X] After the group buy is closed

Payment Procedure:
[X] No deposit, payment due prior to shipping
[ ] Deposit of ____ upon sign up, balance due ________
[ ] Payment in full upon signing up

Payment Methods Accepted (indicate any convenience fees): PayPal Only - PayPal address is [email protected] send your complete shipping address, screen name here, and full name with payment notification please. If payment is not received by 3/18 you will forfeit your place in line and I will allow someone else to purchase your reserved kit.

Estimated Delivery Time / Date: By End Of March

Product Pricing (can be tiered): $220

Shipping & Insurance Costs (if not included):

Signup List (SN - PAID STATUS - SHIPPED STATUS):
01. chudson1549 - paid - not shipped
02. roondogg - paid - not shipped
03. pchristie - paid - not shipped
04. Mugen NSX-R - paid - not shipped
05. kwinkler - paid - not shipped
06. CL65 Captain - paid - not shipped
07. DASHNBY - paid - not shipped
08. Sandman1962 - paid - not shipped
09. optionfans - paid - not shipped
10. jaffaz32 - paid - not shipped

Product Info, Photos, etc.:

This is the official NSX Prime Group Buy Thread for the Blackend Motorsports NSX Engine Damper Kit. I will only have 10 of these kits on hand around the first of March so please post up if you want "dibs" on one of them. Once I have all the materials in hand, I will begin accepting payments...should be the first week of March. I am working on getting more dampers in so that we can get more kits made up, but my supplier over in Taiwan is not the easiest to work with or communicate with but the dampers I get from him are worth the hassle as they are better than anything else out there today on the market.

The Blackend Motorsports NSX Engine Damper Kit mounts between the engine and the chassis of the car perpendicular to the engine's natural rotation in order to keep the engine from rocking in the rubber mounts under load. Our kit is a viable alternative for those seeking the most performance they can get out of their NSX, but not wanting to sacrifice the harshness of solid motor and transmission mounts. Our rubber-isolated end links keep vibrations to a minimum, while still providing maximum effectiveness. The kit will help keep the drive train in alignment under load which will enable faster, smoother shifts (up and down) under load, and improved throttle response. It will also help prolong the life of motor and transmission mounts as the normal stresses they will receive will be shared by the engine damper.

Dampers themselves have forged, one piece rubber-isolated end links, with carbon fiber wrapped bodies. All kits will include the following as seen below:
1 - Blackend Motorsports Engine Damper
2 - Mounting Brackets (Powder Coated Black)
1 - Mounting Hardware Kit
1 - Spacer Kit
NSXDamperProductShot.jpg

DamperProductShot.jpg

Our kit will work with all models of NSX except for cars equipped with SC's where the alternator is relocated. Working on a solution for you guys, but nothing at the moment is ready. NA1 owners will need to make a small modification in order to use this kit that I will be happy to discuss via PM with you if I haven't already.

Let me know if you have any questions - or if you're interested and want on the list above.

Thanks,
Brian
Blackend Motorsports

Last edited:
Would love to see a SC solution...

I nearly missed this.

I'm the tength person please :D

Cant remember which ones i needed, did we say my UK car was NA2 fitement from the pics i sent you?

OK - first post is updated and the list is full. I should have all the components by 3/4 for these kits and once I confirm that I will release payment information and begin shipping kits out to those of you on the list as payment is received. If, for whatever reason, you are unable to pay by two weeks after payment information is released, you will forfeit your place in this GB and I will open it up for others who may have missed out on this first round.

I nearly missed this.

I'm the tength person please :D

Cant remember which ones i needed, did we say my UK car was NA2 fitement from the pics i sent you?

I believe so, but each kit will contain everything needed for NA1 or NA2 cars and the instructions will include full details for mounting either.

Last edited:
I've confirmed that I should have everything needed in my hands by Monday at the latest, so I am now accepting payments for the 10 of you listed in the first post.

PayPal address is [email protected]

Please send your complete shipping address, screen name here, and full name with payment notification please.

$220 USD is the total amount due at this time which includes shipping to the US48 - if you are outside of that area, please PM me for an adjusted rate including shipping. Please include your full mailing address in the PM so that I can get a quote quickly for you.

If payment is not received by 3/18 you will forfeit your place in line and I will allow someone else to purchase your reserved kit.

Actually...

Do you make one for the EP3 Civic type R?

Not currently but we're always looking for new opportunities. Currently just working on cars we own or have access to for prototyping. And, of course, this is a "spare time" job for all of us involved!

6 of 10 payments received so far - boxing up kits this week to go out so get those remaining payments in and I'll get a kit in your hands!

Up to the top to get those final 3 payments in - making up the kits this weekend and shipping on Monday...would like to be able to ship all of them at once but there's still time to get your payment in if you need it.

Brian

hello,
i'm in, please contact.
take care.

All the spots are taken for this round, but we'll work on getting more parts to hold another round shortly and I will advise.

I'll keep you posted - just check your PM's more often! :tongue:

Back