• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy Blackend Motorsports NSX Engine Torque Damper Kits

Quick update guys - was putting together the installation instructions today and realized that the bolts I ordered are too short...should have the correct ones this week and I'll send the kits out. Apologies for the delay, totally my fault.

Shipped all 10 kits out just now. Please check your PM's for tracking information and let me know once received please.

Also interested in your feedback once installed - both in this thread and also through the feedback rating on this forum.

Anybody have reviews of the installed kit aside from the feedback received in THIS THREAD?

Trying to decide if there's any point in ordering more dampers and getting some more kits made up or not...

Can you PM me a quote for only the damper with no brackets or hardware shipped to Norway please?

Can you PM me a quote for only the damper with no brackets or hardware shipped to Norway please?

I wish I could, but right now we are completely out of the dampers and need to order a minimum of 50 more to have some shipped from the manufacturer. If there's not enough interest here to potentially sell 20+ of those, I don't know if we'll order them...

Hello,

Any further update as to when you might have one available for the 02 models and up with superchargers
Cheers.

Last edited:
Here's my review.... short and sweet.

On the track, I definitely notice that up-shifts made at WOT going down the straight are much easier and can be made faster without worrying I'm going to grind or miss the shift.

Down-shifts, doesn't seem to help.

As well, any kind of normal street driving you are not going to notice a difference.

Here's my review.... short and sweet.

On the track, I definitely notice that up-shifts made at WOT going down the straight are much easier and can be made faster without worrying I'm going to grind or miss the shift.

Down-shifts, doesn't seem to help.

As well, any kind of normal street driving you are not going to notice a difference.

Awesome - I appreciate the feedback. So, for the money, is it a product you'd purchase again or would you skip it? I'm just trying to decide if we should make the investment and get some more dampers made up for us or not...

Awesome - I appreciate the feedback. So, for the money, is it a product you'd purchase again or would you skip it? I'm just trying to decide if we should make the investment and get some more dampers made up for us or not...

That's a tough call. To be honest, if it was a street car I would skip it. A car that sees the track I think it would be worth it, at that price point, even if it just helps prolong the motor mounts.

You are not going to see any kind of night/day difference but there are obviously some subtle benefits that I could feel in my 3-4 WOT shifts.

That's a tough call. To be honest, if it was a street car I would skip it. A car that sees the track I think it would be worth it, at that price point, even if it just helps prolong the motor mounts.

You are not going to see any kind of night/day difference but there are obviously some subtle benefits that I could feel in my 3-4 WOT shifts.

Some aftermarket parts play their role in the event another part fails

With the Blackend Dampner… it would play a larger role in the event of a broken motor mount… which happens often

NSX motor mounts crack all the time.. then they break.. leaving you with this mounted in the car

attachment.php

The shock would absorb vibration away from the rotating assembly.

Considering the cost of 41 HP on an NSX… this is a worthwhile investment at a couple hundred

Regards

Attachments

• broken mm.jpg
    broken mm.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 309
I mainly got the Blackend Damper for this reason. I figured it would give me peace of mind with regard to motor mount wear and any performance benefits would be a plus.

Some aftermarket parts play their role in the event another part fails

With the Blackend Dampner… it would play a larger role in the event of a broken motor mount… which happens often

NSX motor mounts crack all the time.. then they break.. leaving you with this mounted in the car

attachment.php

The shock would absorb vibration away from the rotating assembly.

Considering the cost of 41 HP on an NSX… this is a worthwhile investment at a couple hundred

Regards

Yes, but I was one of the guys waiting for Ross to release his CNC machined motor mounts. :(

So Jim, does the damper only work under compression? I would imagine one would see a greater response from high torque engines.

Shit I dont know. All I know is that I could really power shift going down the straight, but it doesnt seem to make a big difference for my heal and toe downshifts. Other than that I didn't notice any change in throttle response, etc.

sent from my Evo4

Yes, but I was one of the guys waiting for Ross to release his CNC machined motor mounts. :(

So Jim, does the damper only work under compression? I would imagine one would see a greater response from high torque engines.

Their done... were trying to build inventory before we annouce....

If you want a set early... pm me

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Front Motor Mount 5-16-2011 011 (Large).jpg
    Front Motor Mount 5-16-2011 011 (Large).jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 256
  • Left Motor Mount 5-5-2011 (10) (Large).jpg
    Left Motor Mount 5-5-2011 (10) (Large).jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 255

I've had the damper on my car for 2 years and i noticed the biggest difference on WOT upshifts. The nsx mechanic that did my clutch install and 90k service thought it was good idea. I think its worth the money, been happy with it so far.

Back