• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

blade your ride!

I'm not sure what you think requires certification, we have went to the ARB to seek an executive order (EO) for our product, they asked us to do a backpressure test to determine if our product exceeded the limits for backpressure. according to ARB a back pressure of .5 in the lowest level which would have an negative effect on the motor. our backpressure tests have shown .2 well below that. (essentially no back pressure)we received a letter from CARB exempting us from the Executive Order (EO) requirement. (anything downstream of the CAT isnt considered to be outside their guidlines for emissions products) see below:

"The Air Resources Board (ARB) does not require a VC27156 exemption for exhaust systems downstream of the Catalytic converter, provided the exhaust system is within the limits specified by the manufacturers."

you may give them a call and ask them to verify these requirements (800) 242-4450 http://www.arb.ca.gov/homepage.htm

Other than this, there is no certification requirements at all, in fact, who would do the certification, the EPA certainly does NOT certify any products. ARB does NOT certify any products, so exactly who is it you believe we need certification from? if you can give me the agency that you believe we are required to get a certification from I will look into it. I would love to get certification of the Blade. Unfortunatly, there is no government agency that requires or provides any certifications.

The EPA (under EPA 511 test protocol) will "certify" that your product met specific test requirements and that the test results were "such and such". If you did indeed test fully under EPA 511, it makes ZERO sense not to get the official test results from the EPA. It's a certification of the test results on the product, not the product itself.

You've circumvented the true test parameters, tested one vehicle in an independent laboratory, and claimed massive gains under a protocol to which you never fully subscribed.

You're throwing around "EPA" in an effort to somehow validate your product. It's misleading and, quite frankly, a lie.

You need to reread EPA 511 as it DOES require full testing on at least two vehicles from different manufacturers. EPA 511 is a combination of other tests PLUS qualification/validation tests by the EPA itself. You've started the procedure but never finished it. You've claimed improvements of over 5% but never had them validated by the EPA.

Ergo, you have not tested under EPA 511. You're trying to twist it to somehow match up but the facts show that you haven't fully qualified your vehicles (plural) under EPA 511. In fact, you're not even close. If you had tested under EPA 511, we'd have a record of it with the EPA. We don't, therefore you haven't. You've tested one vehicle under parts of EPA 511; that's it.

I dont know how else to explain it to you, I gave you the link to the EPA 511 description of their program, its doesnt say what you claim, its very clear, this is what they require for submitting applications to them only, following 511 protocol can be done on 1 car or 100.

We did not have the EPA` test our product, I have said that many times as well, you keep calling me a liar saying I am claiming we had them test it, they did not. we had an independant lab, which we found through the EPA website conduct the testing, If we do have the EPA do testing for us, they will require we submit to them two 511 testing sequence reports (one from each car) like the one on our site, along with an application. this is where you keep getting confused I think. call any independant lab and ask them how it works. you can get a list from the EPA` website as we have.
here is the link to the EPA 511 evaluation program and how it works
http://www.epa.gov/otaq/consumer/b00003.pdf
it says exactly what I have told you it says.

like I said, our EPA-511 claim is directly from the laboratories report to us Verbatim. I am sorry but, I will take their expert opinion about what the testing they did for us is over yours, they do this everyday.

Last edited:
The EPA (under EPA 511 test protocol) will "certify" that your product met specific test requirements and that the test results were "such and such". If you did indeed test fully under EPA 511, it makes ZERO sense not to get the official test results from the EPA. It's a certification of the test results on the product, not the product itself.

You've circumvented the true test parameters, tested one vehicle in an independent laboratory, and claimed massive gains under a protocol to which you never fully subscribed.

You're throwing around "EPA" in an effort to somehow validate your product. It's misleading and, quite frankly, a lie.
Quoting 4 or 5 words in a the description of testing is not "throwing around "EPA" in an effort to somehow validate your product"

Here is the entire paragraph from the laboratories final report given to us upon completion of the testing;
Automotive Testing and Development Services, Inc. (ATDS) is pleased to provide this final report to Sabertec on the testing conducted on “Blade” as installed on a MY2004 Honda Civic. This testing was conducted in strict accordance with 40 CFR 86 and California Title 13 and following the EPA511 protocol. ATDS’ QA representative has subjected all tests to a rigorous quality audit. The results of this testing are appended to this report

Here is the appended results mentioned; http://bladeyourride.com/Blade-511-Results.html

Is it your position that the Laboratory which conducted the testing for us has mislead us or has been dishonest about the testing they performed?

I have given you everything you need to understand the program. if you do not get it, that is fine. but please Refrain from calling me and the people from the Laboratory liars. it is as we have described on our site.

Last edited:
So an increase in VE results in a loss of HP? Hmmmm... Sounds like snake oil to me. I'll agree with previous posters in that your claims of reduced emmissions are likely valid, but if you want to convince us that your product increases mileage, you've got a long road ahead.

Quoting 4 or 5 words in a the description of testing is not "throwing around "EPA" in an effort to somehow validate your product"

Here is the entire paragraph from the laboratories final report given to us upon completion of the testing;
Automotive Testing and Development Services, Inc. (ATDS) is pleased to provide this final report to Sabertec on the testing conducted on “Blade” as installed on a MY2004 Honda Civic. This testing was conducted in strict accordance with 40 CFR 86 and California Title 13 and following the EPA511 protocol. ATDS’ QA representative has subjected all tests to a rigorous quality audit. The results of this testing are appended to this report

Here is the appended results mentioned; http://bladeyourride.com/Blade-511-Results.html

Is it your position that the Laboratory which conducted the testing for us has mislead us or has been dishonest about the testing they performed?

I have given you everything you need to understand the program. if you do not get it, that is fine. but please Refrain from calling me and the people from the Laboratory liars. it is as we have described on our site.

I'm saying you're wrong and you're misinterpreting the lab's report. You can't FULLY test under EPA 511 without using two vehicles from two different manufacturers. You are responsible for arranging that, not the lab, and the lab is merely saying that this test was properly conducted under EPA 511 rules for the single vehicle (but does not address the need for the second vehicle for testing). The lab is in no way saying that the vehicle meets the requirements of EPA 511 testing, which is what you've inferred. EPA 511 is an all-inclusive protocol that includes steps by the part manufacturer (you) and the EPA, as well as the lab, in order to fully meet test protocols. The lab has done the first part of that - that's all. They are not saying that the results are EPA 511 certified (they're not).

In short, the lab results are worthless under EPA 511 until a second vehicle is tested. ;) You're hailing the lab results as "proof" when EPA 511 specifically maintains that no such thing is considered "proof" until two vehicles are tested by the independent lab and THEN by the EPA to confirm test results.

Until the lab tests the second car, they have not fully tested under EPA 511. However, the tests on the first car are in accordance with EPA 511 for the first car. You can spin it all you want but the fact is, you (and the lab) have not COMPLETED testing under EPA 511 because you haven't met the standards of EPA 511 (which I've laid out ad nauseum in this thread).

The lab isn't lying to you - they have tested the first vehicle under EPA 511. However, the results just aren't certifiable under EPA 511 because they've only tested one vehicle and the results are not complete, either, because they've only tested one vehicle.

In other words (I'll say it again), YOU HAVE ONLY STARTED TO TEST UNDER EPA 511. YOU HAVE NOT HAD CERTIFIABLE OR REPEATABLE RESULTS UNDER EPA 511 (ON MULTIPLE VEHICLES). IN OTHER WORDS, YOU HAVE A ONE-HIT WONDER AND YOU'RE MISLEADING PEOPLE BY REFERENCING EPA TESTING THAT YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED (OR, IN OTHER WORDS, YOU HAVE NOT FULLY TESTED UNDER ITS PARAMETERS).

I keep repeating it and you keep ignoring it. Why haven't we seen a second set of test results? Where are the other vehicles you mentioned?

Oh - I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!

I'm soooo confused!!!

I'll buy seven of them - do you ship COD?

If it whistles loud and Bubb Rubb says it works like an alarm clock who cares if it somehow violates national security?

After all, after all that Global Warming that Saddam Hussen did to Oklahoma city I need something that makes me feel safe - especially if all I have to do is stick it in my tailpipe!

One question though: Is it legal in Arkansas? I understand that sticking things in tailpipes there is illegal and they'll arrest you and sentence you to hell!

Last edited:
Back