• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bleeding Brakes Help

I started to bleed my brakes according to Dano's Bleeding Brakes DIY and somehow I managed to F' it all up.

brakes.JPG

Instead of unscrewing the 10mm bleed screw with the red arrow pointing to it, I used the 14mm one with the green arrow (I think it is called the Banjo bolt). Now the brakes are spongy, and I no matter how many cycles I go through using the 14mm screw there still is air in the system.

Now my question is, what did I screw up? If I bleed them again, this time the right way will my problem go away?

juejaimon said:
I just hope you did not suck up any dirt or air into your system at the banjo bolt.

Me too. I was pretty careful with the timing of opening the bolt, pressing the brake, and closing the bolt, so all "should" be well.

Hugh said:
Get a set of Speed Bleeders. Correct size for NSX brake calipers is SB10125L. While you're at it, put one on the clutch slave cylinder too, size SB8125L. The "L" is for the version with the longer nipple for easier hose attachment.

http://www.speedbleeder.com/

second for this good suggestion. That way you can do it with yourself, or someone just watch and fill more brake fluid in a much effective fashion.

I use a Oil Extractor vacuum pump sucks out brake fluid from the bleeder screws. It takes about 20 mins to bleed the brakes.

I can let you use my oil extractor or I can come over and help you out.

Chris NSX said:
I use a Oil Extractor vacuum pump sucks out brake fluid from the bleeder screws. It takes about 20 mins to bleed the brakes.

I can let you use my oil extractor or I can come over and help you out.
Chris,

Thanks for the offer. I as soon as I realized what I was doing wrong I got em done the right way.

Back