• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BLOCKBUSTER Deal !!! (At least for me !)

You may or may not have noticed my "signature" before ("Overhauling the "fleet"). Well, the deal's been done.

I had a '00 CLK Cab, a '00 S4, and a '02 M3 Convert. Due to a variety of personal circumstances it was taking me quite a bit of time to sell these cars, or perhaps more accurately, even LIST them for sale...... :redface:

I visited Bridgewater Acura 2 weeks ago and met our buddy Mike. Very nice guy and, of course, very knowledgable. We had a very nice discussion about the NSX AND about a late model yellow '04 S4 he had taken in just a few days earlier in trade.

It just so happens that the S4 is just about the perfect car for me. AWD for the winter months, fast as 95% of the cars on the road, and just the right size for me.

I've never cared for, nor owned a "large" car. Never liked driving them although I confess the luxurious, quiet, and smooth ride DOES appeal to me on a certain level. :biggrin:

And the really small sports cars are either not quick enough (Miata) or just too damn confining (S2000 (and I am not that big a guy (5'10", 190)) Plus, some of those smaller cars can't hold my golf clubs. :biggrin:

Anyway, a week later, I visit again and propose a possible trade, just curious about what he might give me in trade for all 3 of my cars towards purchasing the S4 and leasing the NSX. To my surprise, Mike offered me pretty decent prices on my cars first shot out of the box. And when you add in the fact that I wouldn't have to pay any sales tax on the purchased S4, it came reasonably close (or at least close enough to consider) to what I would get selling the cars privately without all the muss and fuss of "no shows", "just lookers", etc., etc., etc..... (times 3 !!!).

So, this past Saturday, I pulled the trigger. :eek: :smile:

Saturday (with the dealership's help of course) I brought my 3 cars in and took 2 home. I now have a shiny new '05 Long Beach Blue NSX along with an '04 Imola Yellow S4.

And while I was initially planning to sell 3 and just buy one car to better organize my finances as I'd like to buy a house or a condo in the not too distant future, and additionally to watch my checking account balance go UP for a change before buying a new 2nd car :biggrin: , I am completely thrilled with the deal.

Mike was unable to be there Saturday due to a (minor ?) illness in the family, but everything was taken care of professionally and courteously, by Mike Galleata (sp ?), a salesman, Rusty, and the rest of the staff.

It was an extrememly easy, comfortable and very pleasant experience dealing with Bridgewater and its people and I would recommend them to ANYONE here (or elsewhere for that matter). Very smooth deal from beginning to end. I give them one huge "thumbs up". ;)

Thanks Mike. And to the staff as well (And that Kerry is SOOOOO cute. SHE can have a ride in my car ANYTIME :biggrin: )

Holy smokes! Sounds like quite the transaction! The paperwork must have been crazy.

Congrats on your new cars. Post photos if you get a chance!

nsxtasy said:
...of Kerry.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ask Mike. I didn't have a camera with me. HE see her every day (Lucky Dog !!!).

:biggrin: :wink: :biggrin:

NSX-GUY said:
You may or may not have noticed my "signature" before ("Overhauling the "fleet"). Well, the deal's been done.

Thanks Mike. And to the staff as well (And that Kerry is SOOOOO cute. SHE can have a ride in my car ANYTIME :biggrin: )

Im glad your happy with the deal you recieved.... Obviously I was too :biggrin: I was in florida but dont tell my boss. And you are very correct is, she is nice on the eyes :biggrin:

the CLK cab is already gone and your M3 is coming home with me tonight! Thanks for leaving gas is the car :rolleyes: Hope you enjoy your new fleet

steveny said:
I am a "serious" buyer cash in hand for the M3. Looking to pay 25k-30k :biggrin: :rolleyes:

ive got a gorgous 1999 M3 that may fit your needs :tongue:

steveny said:
I am a "serious" buyer cash in hand for the M3. Looking to pay 25k-30k :biggrin: :rolleyes:

If you can get a 2002 M3 convertible for 25-30k, I'll take two.

steveny said:
1999 I am a "seroius buyer" at 10-14k. "cash in hand" :tongue:

i think if your waiting to buy E46 m3's for $25k-$30k and E36 M3's for $10K-$14k you ll be waiting for a long time. You might be better off putting a saddle on one of your dogs and riding them to work. :tongue:

SCS2k said:
If you can get a 2002 M3 convertible for 25-30k, I'll take two.

Here is One :tongue: :tongue:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6131&item=4549120558&rd=1

There was a white M3 cab. on ebay about a month ago for 29.9k buy it now. I can't find the auction now. It is possible to find really good deals but they are few and far between. I am just being an a$$ anyways. I am filling in for the "want NSX for 20k" people.

With a high production number car like a BMW I would think the prices would come down much faster on used vehicles.

steveny said:
I am just being an a$$ anyways. I am filling in for the "want NSX for 20k" people.

Well, if you're a gambling man looking for a sucker bet, there have been plenty of sub-$15k NSX's on autotrader lately. :biggrin:

steveny said:
Here is One :tongue: :tongue:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6131&item=4549120558&rd=1

There was a white M3 cab. on ebay about a month ago for 29.9k buy it now. I can't find the auction now. It is possible to find really good deals but they are few and far between. I am just being an a$$ anyways. I am filling in for the "want NSX for 20k" people.

With a high production number car like a BMW I would think the prices would come down much faster on used vehicles.

I didn't realize they had gotten that cheap already.

SCS2k said:

I have seen several for under 30k over the last six months. Finding a car at the price someone wants to pay is the easy part, now the internet is available. Finding a car at the right price and having the car closer than a 500 mile drive is a whole different problem to solve.

waldorf said:
Well, if you're a gambling man looking for a sucker bet, there have been plenty of sub-$15k NSX's on autotrader lately. :biggrin:

There is that price point cut off where a good deal becomes an obvious rip off. Anything grossly under priced 99.999999% of the time a rip off. Check autotrader for M3 cabs. 2001 or newer. There are several priced below 30k. I did not post any of those links because they are rip offs or crashed cars. Once in a while there are really good deals on a car someone just wants to get rid of, like the recent unbelievable deal on the black NSX someone here on Prime bought.

this is great and all, but seriously, let's get some pics of this Carrie. :biggrin:

Yea seriously, some pics would be nice! :biggrin:
And some details on the awesome deal someone got on that blk nsx.

SCS2k said:

There's a couple of factors in play (of course). That car sold about "right" IMO.

When BMW first released the new M3 they made all the early hardtop demos in blue and all the convertible demos in red. Hence, I believe those colors are somewhat easier (and cheaper) to get. Secondly, red interiors don't seem to do very well. Thirdly the car DOES have 56K miles. That's 14K/year. High mileage for an M3/exotic, where average mileage=high, and low=average, etc (if you get my drift) :wink:

NSX-GUY said:
There's a couple of factors in play (of course). That car sold about "right" IMO.

I agree. Now lets convince the dealers who are picking up 01 M3's at 25k to sell them for 27-30k. :biggrin: The price spread on used cars across the nation is crazy.

steveny said:
I agree. Now lets convince the dealers who are picking up 01 M3's at 25k to sell them for 27-30k. :biggrin: The price spread on used cars across the nation is crazy.

tell us dealers! I take 40 of them.... Anyone what to sell me nice, story free E46 M3 for $25k? Ill pay $30k if I have to :rolleyes:

Back