• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Blocking Air Intake

I am planning a trip and have the Cantrell Concepts Air Intake on my car with the Comptech Uni filter and stock air box. The Cantrell warns against driving in rainy conditions, other than very light rain, due to the unrestricted nature of the tube design. My questions is this - if I completely blocked the air intake opening (by my own fabricated design) in the event of rainy conditions would this result in any damage to the engine? I can't imagine that it would but I need others opinions. I would only restrict the opening in what I would consider to be potentially damaging rainy conditions.

I wouldn't worry about it - even in torrential rain it's hard to envisage water getting all the way up into intake. You just want to avoid blasting a hose up there!
As for "blocking" the intake - with what? If you really mean block, anything that keeps the water out will keep the air out too - engine won't be able to breathe.

D'Ecosse said:
I wouldn't worry about it - even in torrential rain it's hard to envisage water getting all the way up into intake. You just want to avoid blasting a hose up there!
As for "blocking" the intake - with what? If you really mean block, anything that keeps the water out will keep the air out too - engine won't be able to breathe.

Right on the money with that advice.

I've never driven in the rain-not that it ever rains here in Washington state,but I drilled two small holes in the bottom of the intake to allow water to drain out.This really helps when washing the car.

Back