• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Blue Aluminum wrap project

going to look great. this was my friends brushed Blue/Silver a couple of years ago.

1381686_682485701775352_629703272_n.jpg

Word is blue is the new red when it comes to cars.

Agreed...this was inspired by my first NSX ('99 Monte Carlo Blue).

- - - Updated - - -

going to look great. this was my friends brushed Blue/Silver a couple of years ago.

1381686_682485701775352_629703272_n.jpg

Stunning color combo. Interior will have brush aluminum (dark metallic silver) wrapped parts as well.

There was a dark grey brushed aluminum wrap on a new SRT8 Grand Cherokee at Super Cars on State Street last month. I really liked it. Cant wait to see the pics of this.

Last edited:
You doing this yourself? I have been thinking about giving it a try. Whats the material cost?

I thought about wrapping my NSX this color, or the red aluminum.

The aluminum vinyl looks even better in direct sunlight compared to the matte finishes.

- - - Updated - - -

You doing this yourself? I have been thinking about giving it a try. Whats the material cost?

Leaving this to the professionals @ IMPERIAL WORKS (see their facebook page)... Just about every panel was removed, blemishes corrected, even door jams wrapped.

Should I leave the top black? Hmm...more pics to come as the car should be completed this Friday.

Last edited:
The aluminum vinyl looks even better in direct sunlight compares to the matte finishes.

- - - Updated - - -

Leaving this to the professionals @ IMPERIAL WORKS (see their facebook page)... Just about every panel was removed, blemishes corrected, even door jams wrapped.

Should I leave the top black? Hmm...more pics to come as the car should be completed this Friday.

Man, that's gonna be sick!!! I say leave the roof black....you can just wrap if you don't like it.

Was planning on wrapping mine also, was going to do a satin or pearl white but I'm liking that brushed aluminum look...saw pics of a silver brushed aluminum car and thought it would be the perfect color for the NSX....

Please pm me the cost...thanks....

And post the pics ASAP.

Costs $2K entire car (except leaving top black) including interior trims. That's dirt cheap considering the amount of labor it takes to remove every body panel & reinstall them correctly. Judging from all the high end cars at the shop, these guys definitely know what they're doing.

Keep in mind, people have been tinting windows and installing clear bras for ever now. Car wrapping is the next evolution. Do it!....paint is dead.

damn... that is cheap.

after it's done, definitely post some close up pics of the gaps/trim/fit. Looks like a top shop... most wrap places don't remove panels.

Arlon Blue Aluminum (CWC-631)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,147
Last edited:
Thanks. I'm having the hardest time finding the right color. Every color that i really wanted looks so different in person from every pic I've seen online.

In person, would you say your wrap is a cobalt blue?

That's hard to answer because the blue aluminum has a chameleon effect in which lighting effects its true color.
I know not everyone will like it, but it's a wrap which is reversible. Originally wanted Satin White Pearl but changed my mind when I saw how different it really looked in person.

That's hard to answer because the blue aluminum has a chameleon effect in which lighting effects its true color.
I know not everyone will like it, but it's a wrap which is reversible. Originally wanted Satin White Pearl but changed my mind when I saw how different it really looked in person.
Gotcha, I'll just place an order for sample & pray it looks close to it does in your pics lol. Thanks for the input.

Thanks for all the kind words....Some bad news though, the Advan RS 17/18 Bronze were sent out to get powder coated (gloss black to match the roof) won't be ready for another two weeks. So I went out and purchased another set of Advan type V 17/18 in dark gunmetal (imported from Japan). KW V3 also on the way to replace the very stiff JIC track coil overs.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
This may not be the place for this, but tell the negatives and positives of wrap vs repaint ? I know price difference but what else? thks

This may not be the place for this, but tell the negatives and positives of wrap vs repaint ? I know price difference but what else? thks

My car went through a $8K paint job after doing the '02 conversion. Seven years later it needs another respray. I will eventually spend the dough to properly repainted it again in the future. But for now, a vinyl wrap has been shown to help protect the existing paint job (ie. clear bra) or cover up all the flaws (in my case) for 1/4th the price. It's completely reversible (my installer does not cut the vinyl on the car's body), washes like normal, lasts 5-7 years (car parked indoors), and comes in unlimited range of colors & finishes. When looking up close, the quality of a professional vinyl wrap will be hard to distinguish from a paint job. There have been other NSXs on prime that are wrapped, maybe they can also chime in here.

Back