• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BMW 5 series

They are great cars specially the 545. Amazingly and fast. ,Comfortable and great for family .Just make sure you get a warranty with it.

The 05 545 I drove seemed to have seats that where a little hard for my taste. Other than that pretty sweet ride. BMWs seem to hold their value pretty good too, IMO the best resale of the top end cars. I trashed my X5 and racked up 80k miles with little maintenace done and still got what I thought was more than I should have when I traded it in.

Really like the M5.:D
A Honda Legend is nice too!
Nice stuff that's standart!
(YES YES YES you guys call it a Acura RL but it's a Honda Legend)

I just picked up a '04 E60 530i Sport last Wednesday. It has most of the options including the cold weather and premium package along with Xenon and split fold down rear seats. I think the Sport package makes a big difference; the car handles great!

I know this has probably been covered many times, but what problems have you had? Anything serious or just stupid little things that you could ignore? I'm thinking about a new DD 3 series, maybe 2004-06. But I hate hassles too...

So far, in 6 months of ownership...

3 Broken Window Regulators
2 Failed tailight assemblies
1 Failed HID unit
1 Failed Sunroof cassette (whole assembly)
1 Failed foglight unit
Multiple blown speakers, and i do NOT listen to music that loud... NSX sounds WAYYYYYYYYY better than the Harman Kardon $2500 option

All that stuff alone would be in the $5000+ range to have BMW repair, and this car is STILL UNDER WARRANTY!!!!!!

Mechanically, it is VERY nice to drive, but the electrical gremlins will force me to sell when the warranty is up. LOTS of other owners report similar problems, and get met with "part of the mystique of BMW ownership" line from other owners..... BS! Not in a $50,000 car!!!!

Back