• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

body shop cut wires to lights on rear wing. Help, please!

I have a 97 that is getting a complete '02 facelift and paint job. My body guy is in process of putting car back together and informed me that the lights on my stock rear wing don't work. I went to shop and can see two wires coming out of the bottom left hand corner of the trunk lid have been cut. Can someone please show me where these wires need to go? also, what is the empty plug that you see in the trunk below the left hinge? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 112
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 96
your body guys are the wrong people to paint the NSX its going to look like crap. if they cut such a basic wire that you need for you spoiler then I would not have them paint it.

if they are taking all the panels off they are ging to break more stuff and your not going to find out about it till months down the road.

all the NSX I have painted I have never SEVERED the wire to the spoiler.

I would run from them. that's my opinion

- - - Updated - - -

image2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

there is a bracket missing also that connects to the shock

To answer your question, the wire from the trunk lid originally runs down the strut (kept in place by a plastic clip) and then down underneath the rear window garnish (the black plastic banana shaped trim piece between the engine compartment glass and your trunk lid. There is a little hole on the left rear side of that garnish. The wire is probably tucked under there. They should have disconnected the wire rather than cut it. Mend the wires, it's not the end of the world.

edit- Shawn's drawing is accurate. Didn't see that before I described it.

Last edited:
I dont know if the body guys cut the wires or the previous owner did for some reason. this is called lazy LOL

but its def not the end of the world IF.... the wires are cut and tucked under the rear garnish

Thank you for the reply's. Without going into it, the first guy at shop who starting taking panels off was fired so the experienced body guy had to clean up his mess and is doing a great job and the explanations and diagram really helped it is already fixed thanks to the info provided

- - - Updated - - -

does anyone know where I can find replacement harness? I believe part number is 32109-SL0-000. Body guy checked and he was informed that there is no availability of this part in the US.

Back