• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Body shop in Newport Beach area needed badly!

Hello everyone!

I got my car back from the body shop after a wreck with the Comptech wide body kit on it. I was living in Florida at the time in a small town. The best guys in town installed the kit but I am not totally happy with it.

I purposely waited until I got out to California to find someone to fix it. I know there is a shop in S. California that make it perfect for me.

So, anyone have suggestions in Southern California? I will go as far north as Los Angeles.

Thanks for your time.

Jude

Lanzini Body Works. Comes highly recommended by others. He guaranteed that you will have a hard time evaluating that the car had work done afterwards.

Mitch Lanzini
17901 Sampson Lane
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
(714) 375-2828

Tan

My experience was not a positive one with San Pedro autobody and I would recommend looking elsewhere. My NSX had minor rear bumper cover damage and I asked them to prepare a new bumper to replace the damaged one. Five days later, and I lost count of the number of times they repainted the new bumper "trying to get the right color match", I finally picked up my NSX and decided to live with the slightly damaged bumper.

My perception is they don't have the quality infrastruture to do a first class job on a high end car -- at least not high enough to meet my expectations. They also were unable to meet their commitment date(s) to get my car repaired and back to me in a reasonable time period. I will give them credit in one area, after I expressed my profound diappointment to the owner, they didn't charge me for the new bumper they ordered. Of course it never went on my car either......

If you find a good body shop in So. Cal please let me know. I have yet to find a body shop that doesn't look like a scrap yard that I would trust to touch my NSX. I have no idea what I'll do if my NSX ever gets wrecked.

I just had my bumper touched up by a guy recommended to me by rwhp on this board. Some old lady tapped my rear bumper after she had stopped and left two small indentations from the bolts that hold her front license plate. His name is Javier and his number is (310)387-1875. You cannot tell there was any damage now, although the damage was extremely minor. He is very meticulous and works out of his own garage, although he says he will be opening his own body shop soon. He is located near Marina del Rey. Give him a call and see what he can do for you.

Thanks for the info CChung. The damage you described is EXACTLY what happened to my NSX. A Ford Explore hit my rear bumper in stop and go traffic. I have two small indentations from the license plate bumper bolts. That's why I decided to live with it rather than completely replace the bumper.

Was this guy able to repair the bolt indentations without respraying your bumper? I had several body shops look at it and all said they'll have to get out the spray gun and go to work after they fill in the indentations. This just makes me cringe thinking about paint color mismatch, overspray all over the place plus other potential collateral damage........made me just decide to live with the indentations.

Tantheman said:
Lanzini Body Works. Comes highly recommended by others. He guaranteed that you will have a hard time evaluating that the car had work done afterwards.

Mitch Lanzini
17901 Sampson Lane
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
(714) 375-2828

Tan

Other body shops recommended this guy because he works on exotics. Aluminum body cars is not the easiest to repair or harder to work on and not leave a trace of repairs. This guy has done several NSX, Diablos, Ferrari Modena, and Aston Martin. You should come by to check his place out its like an exotic car meet.

Tan

Back