• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bolt on Roll Cage

Bolt on roll cage? Do you mean harness bar?

I have the one sold by SOS, but looking at their site for a link, its gone.

Wonder if they too have discontinued it.

Comptech built a harness bar...Mugen made one as well...but no roll cage...

Full race roll cages priced between 6-10 thousand dollars...remember the NSX is all aluminum...

chang99 said:
Anyone making a bolt on roll cage for 1991 ? Comptech discontinued.

The Comptech was only a Roll Bar and not a Roll Cage. It's wasn't legal for any Racing Sanctions either. SCCA, NASA, Etc. :confused:

Factor X Motorsports said:
If you are looking for the Comptech set-up we have a used one that we can sell.

Is that the Harness bar or bolt-on Roll Cage? Yes I know it is a daily driver, but I'll consider your Comptech if setup is right.......

Thanks Regard
Paul

PS: You know I already have the SOS Harness.....

Safety Devices makes a bolt in cage for the NSX. Many of there cages amy be installed with nly the rear section. However, I believe the whole cage passes through the dash and the rear window. As I remember they include a plexiglass rear window with the kit.

mystican said:
Full race roll cages priced between 6-10 thousand dollars...remember the NSX is all aluminum...

I've been quoted around 5k +/- $500 depending on demand for the applicable steel tubing.

Don't know why the all aluminium construction is being given such weight though. Most fabricators will just make some aluminium fitting plates and weld them in during cage construction. Not sure why it's considered such a big deal. :confused:

Ponyboy said:
I've been quoted around 5k +/- $500 depending on demand for the applicable steel tubing.

Don't know why the all aluminium construction is being given such weight though. Most fabricators will just make some aluminium fitting plates and weld them in during cage construction. Not sure why it's considered such a big deal. :confused:

That's more inline from what I've seen. Dali Racing carries one for the Targas and Coupes....

http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=745

Back