• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BOSE amp repair/fix in Europe.

Nice to see you on the Prime again!
I have a friend in Sweden who did two of mine. I can ask him if you like.

midNight Sun Xpress said:
Nice to see you on the Prime again!
I have a friend in Sweden who did two of mine. I can ask him if you like.

I've been here the whole time, just haven't had too much time to post and partake in discussions:)

Did he repair your amps or replace them? I want a repair because the amps are specially tuned for the NSX, and I want to keep this stock tuning.

Did it myself

Hi

I repaired them myself. I'm repairing NSX-BOSE speakers here in Switzerland for some Honda dealers. Each of them works like new due to high quality parts. If you are interested just e-mail me: [email protected]
Costs per unit is around 100 Euro (parts plus 1,5 hours labor) plus shipping. I have the parts in stock so downtime is very short.

greetings
Thomas

Re: Did it myself

goldNSX said:
Hi

I repaired them myself. I'm repairing NSX-BOSE speakers here in Switzerland for some Honda dealers. Each of them works like new due to high quality parts. If you are interested just e-mail me: [email protected]
Costs per unit is around 100 Euro (parts plus 1,5 hours labor) plus shipping. I have the parts in stock so downtime is very short.

greetings
Thomas

Wow ! That's a good news ! :)

Regards,

The Swedish guy is charging more than 100 euros for the repair.
I think goldNSX has a really good offer!
BITeR: Remember to get at declaration from customs that you ship them abroad for repair. Costs nothing and might save you some paperwork later. ;-)

Re: Did it myself

goldNSX said:
Hi

greetings
Thomas

Nice, thanks for the offer. I might just do that.
One question first if you don't mind.
What parts exactly do you replace. I've done a few soldering repair before, so maybe I'll be able to do this myself?
Are just the capasitors that are replaced? Any part numbers, or sizes (Fahrad ratings)? Will a normal soldering iron work?

thanks.

PS. I don't mean to take your business away, just want to get my music back as soon as possible

Last edited:
Just look around a bit, it will save you some.
I found a friendly person in the states (through prime) who send me his 'old' bose amps for shippingcost only (10$).
With the parts from my old (replaced) doorspeaker-amp, i fixed my subwoofer amp.

Total cost for repair of 2 speakers: 10$

Have fun,

Mich

Hi

>One question first if you don't mind.
>What parts exactly do you replace. I've done a few soldering >repair before, so maybe I'll be able to do this myself?
>Are just the capasitors that are replaced? Any part numbers, or >sizes (Fahrad ratings)? Will a normal soldering iron work?

>thanks.

>PS. I don't mean to take your business away, just want to get >my music back as soon as possible

The list of the parts is mentioned on Prime -> see link above. If you are experienced with replacing electronic parts it not very difficult. If not please DO NOT TRY IT. In one case I had to re-repair an amplifier due to the bundling work by someone else. I found some broken links on the board with the microscope. VERY UGLY.
For the capacitors take tantalum ones where possible. Quite expensive I know but worth the money. The electrolytic (big) ones should be of very high quality (see rating at 105 degrees).
The transistors are quite difficult to get in Europe.

>PS. I don't mean to take your business away, just want to get >my music back as soon as possible

I like to help NSXers to get their music back into their car. If someone can manage it himself I'm don't loose any money because I don't want to make a business out of it.

Normally all 3 speakers break down within a period of one year. If you like to repair all 3 speakers I save some time so you get a discount and the sound is fully new.

If you send me an E-Mail before sending the amp to me I reserve some time so the amplifier will be repaired and sent back the same day. If give a 1 year guarrantee on the replaced parts and labor like the two Honda dealers in Switzerland I'm working for.

Greetings and hope to see you on the 28th august in Grindelwald
(still waiting for the Taitec header and the Cantrell AIS hihi)

Thomas

hi!!!

goldNSX said:
Hi

>One question first if you don't mind.
>What parts exactly do you replace. I've done a few soldering >repair before, so maybe I'll be able to do this myself?
>Are just the capasitors that are replaced? Any part numbers, or >sizes (Fahrad ratings)? Will a normal soldering iron work?

Hi gold i would ask u if u have a used or good price cd changer for my NSX, (Alpine...) if u have also the adaptor-cable! If u haven't
do you know anybody that sell his used or a good cheap hi-fi shop??

thanks a lot
Carlo, Milano.

Re: hi!!!

carlettodj said:
Hi gold i would ask u if u have a used or good price cd changer for my NSX, (Alpine...) if u have also the adaptor-cable! If u haven't
do you know anybody that sell his used or a good cheap hi-fi shop??

thanks a lot
Carlo, Milano. [/B]

Hi Carlo

Sorry, but I don't know anybody yet whois selling a used CD changer. Maybe someone in this forums can help you.

Greetings
Thomas

Science of Speed advertised earlier this year an Alpine CD-changer mounted in a glove-compartemnt box for USD 200 incl. cabels.
I understand this is a new one and the priace really a bargain.
Try to mail [email protected] and ask if it is still available.

You could also try NSX Prime under NSX parts for sale. Sometimes there are cheap used ones, but they come without guarantee and my experience is that shipping electronics out of the US might be difficult....

ok!

midNight Sun Xpress said:
Science of Speed advertised earlier this year an Alpine CD-changer mounted in a glove-compartemnt box for USD 200 incl. cabels.
I understand this is a new one and the priace really a bargain.
Try to mail [email protected] and ask if it is still available.

You could also try NSX Prime under NSX parts for sale. Sometimes there are cheap used ones, but they come without guarantee and my experience is that shipping electronics out of the US might be difficult....

Thanks for a good information i'll try to mail chris...:D

carletto dj

I didn't find getting the transistors hard. I got them from RS (rswww.com) a big supplier in the UK.

If you have trouble getting them, I am happy to get them and post them out.

I repaired all my amps.

Back