• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bought my NSX!!!

Exhausted, but I wanted to post anyway. After 5 years of casual searching followed by ~6 months of serious hunting, I finally found my NSX.

She is a 91' Silver (one of ~270 imported) on black
2 owners, both female, all records at the same dealer its entire life!
~95k miles, 90K mile service, master+slave cylinder replaced, all hoses replaced, A/C compressor circuit board replaced, etc.

PPI revealed zero issues (ok, one issue of the original clutch is about 5K away from replacing)

I am planning on a full 10+ hour detail on Saturday, will post pictures when completed.

Big shout outs to:

Joey (mknmoves) for picking me up from the airport, hanging out, and being a very, very nice guy
Michael (for looking at the car prior to me booking a plane ticket and scheduling the PPI)
Matt Smith of Hendricks Acura (for talking with me for over 3 hours about the history of the car, walking me through the PPI, and being an all around great guy)

I'm sure that I'm leaving some people out, as soon as I recover from sleep, I'll make sure everyone gets their proper thanks (Joey, Matt, and Michael, I owe you a few cases of beer/wine!)

I am very excited to be a part of the NSX club, I can't keep the smile off my face when I drive my new car!

Items already ordered:

Dali racing seat cushion for tall people (yeah, I have an abnormally long torso)
Every product Zaino makes (yes, seriously)
Ipod input
DDM HID's

On the list:
New Wheels (stock stars are tiny)
OEM clutch

Thanks everyone for creating a great community!

Last edited:
Wow you really are excited. pre purchased parts for her too Yikes, welcome to the Club, if you ever wanna sell it you will get every dime back out of it. they dont depriciate. only thing in the world that doesnt.

you will love this car more than anything, and will probably never sell it. good job.

How far did you have to drive to get it home?

Oh and about the Full 10 hour detailing, when i got mine home I took the seats out and soaped the hell outta the carpet and found a few dollars worth of change. and lots of coffee stains down the side of the carpet where the seat hides it. and my car was as clean as they come. you would expect it to be dirty down there ya know

Last edited:
Good for you and welcome - absolutely the best color and it's the fastest too - don't let anybody kid you -:wink: My favorite!:biggrin:

Wana know all about the deal and everything. You will have that smile a long time - I still do!

Chandler here are a couple pics of your new NSX. Happy Motoring!!

CarsNSXsChandlerATL004.jpg

CarsNSXsChandlerATL014.jpg

CarsNSXsChandlerATL016.jpg

CarsNSXsChandlerATL026.jpg

CarsNSXsChandlerATL001.jpg

I tried, but I couldn't block your smile out of the picture.

You know youre a friend now... but I disagree... Yellow is still the fastest color... especially while parked:)

Welcome to the club.... its so much fun, you will enjoy every single mile

congrats on your purchase

Jman

Good for you and welcome - absolutely the best color and it's the fastest too - don't let anybody kid you -:wink: My favorite!:biggrin:

Wana know all about the deal and everything. You will have that smile a long time - I still do!

Congratulations :smile:, but, you are in the error, fastest of the colors, it's the red!:biggrin:
cheer and good road with your beautiful NSX:smile:
regards

Congrats!
We can compare notes.
Had mine for almost a week.
Learning something every day.
BAG

I 100% disagree with all of you about the fastest color. its Black, and everyone knows that when cleaned and waxed Black is the fastest color.
Yeah we need to clean it every 15 minutes cuz just backing outta your garage it gets dirty but man does she shine" better than any other color"

but looking at those pics every single one of us had that same GRIN from ear to ear our first day driving it home. Congrats and welcome again.

makes me laugh looking at those pics I remember slapping the steering wheel all the way home yelling "I cant believe Im driving this home"

This answers my question from my other post whether you purchased your NSX or not.

Congrats on the new car....now how many silvers do you have in Atlanta?

I will also be detailing my cars this weekend seeing how the weather only shows rain for the next couple of days.

I 100% disagree with all of you about the fastest color. its Black, and everyone knows that when cleaned and waxed Black is the fastest color.

Actually red is the fastest color as it's the lightest:biggrin:

To the OP congratulations on your new car, sure you are beaming with pride. Only thing that comes to mind for you to check on is if it had the window fix it thingies from SOS or Dali installed, if not you should do so.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...ce_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/window_repair/

Yeah we need to clean it every 15 minutes cuz just backing outta your garage it gets dirty but man does she shine" better than any other color"

but looking at those pics every single one of us had that same GRIN from ear to ear our first day driving it home. Congrats and welcome again.

makes me laugh looking at those pics I remember slapping the steering wheel all the way home yelling "I cant believe Im driving this home"

I'm with this guy!

haha, and I hear ya on slapping the wheel. every once in a while, I get behind the wheel and still get that feeling

OP, congrats, and welcome to ownership. It's quite a trip =D

Congratulations! Sounds like you got a beauty!
Great color combo but definitely the 2nd fastest color. :rolleyes:

Chandler here are a couple more pics of your NSX in Charlotte:

BTW: The black/black is obviously the fastest...by far.

CarsNSXsChandlerATL002.jpg

CarsNSXsChandlerATL011.jpg

CarsNSXsChandlerATL017.jpg

CarsNSXsChandlerATL021.jpg

This RED one was at the lot.....automatic WITH wood grain interior!! WTH!?

CarsNSXsChandlerATL018.jpg

The worst looking NSx I have ever seen. who the hell does that to a car? wood interior? OMG who does that either? I wouldnt buy that thing. Part it out maybe. yukk

what where they asking for it?

also the silver nsx he picked up was a stick right?

Last edited:
Lol that striped nsx has been to xpos in the past,and head scratching did occure:biggrin: BTw you look like you do need the lower seat cushion:wink:

The red one was not for sale, just there for service, they said that a "young buck" has owned it for about 10yrs.

There was an 04 silver there also, 4 NSXs at the dealership at one time! Rare in Charlotte!

Yes, Yes, Yes-------------------------- BLACK is zeeeeeeee fasteeeeeeest !!

The grin and the slapping---been there done that. !! :rolleyes:

Congrats and welcome to the club.

Congrats and welcome!

Congratulation Chandler on the excellent purchase. Love the huge grin on your face - looks like you have a coat hanger in your mouth :biggrin:. Same feeling everytime I drive mine. Beautiful car. Enjoy!! And welcome to the club. Jay

Back