• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brake lamp sensor?

I replaced my rear bulbs with all smt led's from v-leds.com. They are now more bright and flush throughout the rear lens. But my brake light lamp in the dash is now on even though all the brake lights work properly. Anyone know where the sensor is so I can just disconnect it? I assume its one of the wires I need to cut.

check the impedence across the circuit with the old tungsten bulbs in and then do the same with your newer LED type bulbs... I think if there is a difference, the sensor is being triggered? Just speculating

I think it triggers it because the oem bulb has 2 filaments and it is much brighter when the brake light is on than the leds. It just takes one led to trigger the light to come on.

Never worked with LED's or US light setup, but if the original bulb is dual filament is that not for tail light and brake light? which means the system is picking up that either the brake or tail is missing because the LED is not dual filament?

how do I ground the 2 wires? :redface:

I think the brake light sensor might also disable the cruise control because my cruise control no longer works

Back