• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brake Rotor Advice...

Well, due to an unfortunate incident with a rear wheel, I have the wheels and brakes off the back. Thought I would turn the rotors and replace the pads, which are close to done at the same time. The rotors are a few years old, drilled rotors, I think I got them through Dali Racing. Turns out the rotors are warped and won't turn. I would like to keep a drilled rotor, or replace all 4 maybe with a slotted instead. However there doesn't seem to be much middle ground on pricing, either thousands of dollars for full brake upgrades, or the opposite which I see on ebay for like $200 per axle. I don't want to be cheap about it, but can't really plunk down $3K for brakes right now either. I prefer to do business with Science of Speed, they are great. But didn't see anything there that might fit my needs. Suggestions would be great...thanks in advance!

It sounds liek you have OEM brakes on the car. In lieu of replacing everything with a (costly) BBK, why not just use slotted OEM-size rotors? Slotted OEM has worked fine for my needs for years.

Brand suggestions for affordable slotted or drilled aftermarket rotors???

I've always used brembo for my m3's and such, but have had a hard time finding reasonable prices for the nsx...

Cheapest would be to look in the for sale forums on prime,lots of owners have upgraded to bbk and may iether have the oem lying around or are selling.SOS and other vendors sell oem size replacments.Blank oem size discs are made by Bradi as one example.

Thanks, that helps. I believe the drilled ones I have on there now are Bradi. So I suppose another way to ask the question is what brands to avoid in going the aftermarket oem size route?

Back