• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brake rotors

I need to change my rotors and while I'm doing so I would prefer to go with a crossed drill rotor. I searched but can't seem to find anything for 1997 plus cars. I want the cross drilled purely for the looks. I don't track the car so OEM performance is good enough. I have recently stumbled upon 2 websites that sells them for my 2000 but have never heard of these companies so would like your thoughts on them. Also each appears to make different grades of rotor. Which would be the best. If these are not quality rotors do you know of any good company that makes some for 1997 plus NSX. I remember a few years ago reading a post on these forums about someone that had put cheap rotors on there car and they ended up exploding. Not sure if this was under extreme condition on track or regular use. I don't want that to happen to me. Your feedback is appreciated.

http://www.r1concepts.com/category/search/2000/Acura/NSX/SubModel/parts/allbrand/Brake-Rotors

https://www.crossdrilledrotors.ca/vaf/product/list/?category=?&make=25&model=317&year=37&engine=26

Last edited:
I haven't heard of either of those companies, but on the R1 website they offer EBC Brake rotors and Stoptech (made by Centric) Slotted rotors. Both of those companies are reputable.

I have R1 brakes on my car for a few years now. I have the cross drilled and slotted premier rotors. The price was great and they look awesome. I use them for all of my cars.

http://www.r1concepts.com/detail/pr...lotted-Rotors-Kits/KPDS/1998/Acura/NSX/Base:/
Just looked them up now. Prices went up. When I got them I remember paying like $660 for front and rear with ceramic pads shipped. They do specials once and awhile and can find them on ebay with better prices.
You can see them in my pics.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/148757-Setup-for-my-NSX-coupe

Last edited:
Crossed drilled slotted is what i was thinking for mine. Could you post pictures of your car

Give Cquence a call I've purchased about 6 sets of brakes from them across the span of 5years and also found their customer service to be great. Free shipping on orders over $100 I believe in the US, price they charged me to ship to Canada was good too. They deal with Centric/ C-tek which are the makers of Stoptech and Powerslot as well as many other top brands. The used to be a vendor on here but I haven't seen any recent activity but you can't go wrong for the price www.cquence.net

You won't need brakes for awhile yet Freeon. Your snow won't be gone till June and the potholes will probably keep you from using your car for some time after that.

You won't need brakes for awhile yet Freeon. Your snow won't be gone till June and the potholes will probably keep you from using your car for some time after that.

Lol. I know. I wanted it for sledding but now I want it gone. I guess it's true what they say, be careful what you wish for.

- - - Updated - - -

Give Cquence a call I've purchased about 6 sets of brakes from them across the span of 5years and also found their customer service to be great. Free shipping on orders over $100 I believe in the US, price they charged me to ship to Canada was good too. They deal with Centric/ C-tek which are the makers of Stoptech and Powerslot as well as many other top brands. The used to be a vendor on here but I haven't seen any recent activity but you can't go wrong for the price www.cquence.net
The C-tek/centric come in slotted only and I prefer crossed drilled or crossed drilled/slotted however Cquence do have them under there own brand name slotted/crossed drilled. Are the Cquence brand also good or only the Centric/C-tek

Lol. I know. I wanted it for sledding but now I want it gone. I guess it's true what they say, be careful what you wish for.

- - - Updated - - -

The C-tek/centric come in slotted only and I prefer crossed drilled or crossed drilled/slotted however Cquence do have them under there own brand name slotted/crossed drilled. Are the Cquence brand also good or only the Centric/C-tek

The Cquence brand uses Centric blank rotors that they machine slots and or drill and Zinc coat. Call and ask for Billy he can fill you in on all the details. I did the Cquence brand Ultimate drilled and slotted with semi metallic pads just over 2 seasons and going strong on the NSX. I've also have a set of the same Ultimate series on my daily beater '05 TL with Centric ceramic pads what a great combination they are about 5 years old now and driven all seasons. Did another set of slotted on an is250 AWD and Honda Accord Coupe last season both holding up great, and I just put another set on my s2000 paired with semi metallic pads so far great upgrade over stock. You can't go wrong for the price where all these other companies are marking their stuff up a massive percentage.

Back