• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

brake upgrade question

so i have a 2005 guys i want to get bbk for my car front and back i am currently running volk gt-v's on my car 19 in the rear and 18 in the front what will fit i want to go brembo

WP EX 6POT BBK! Contact Brandon over at GT Theroy.

You won't be disappointed with this kit. I promise :wink:

Why do you want to get a big brake kit? If it's for looks, then by all means go for it. If you're looking for better braking performance, though, you will do more for your braking performance by getting stickier tires on 17"/17" or 17"/18" wheels than anything a big brake kit will do for you. (For most NSX owners, a big brake kit won't increase braking performance. Are you actually having any braking problems, other than "green pad syndrome", i.e. fading when the brake pads are new?)

I've been using WP Pro for sometime and I couldn't be happier. As for rims, its all about offset. I have Volk TE37 17 front / 18 rear with 40 offset. The fronts I need 3 MM spacers, but the rears are fine. I also came across Enkie RPF1 that I need to trim the rear brake kit to clear. Also, putting balancing weights on the Enkie are a tricky. As for do you need them or not, well racing teams us the best brakes possible, so that is good enough for me.

I have heard guys are using the 08 TL typeS calipers and they fit perfect as they are Brembo and they look bad ass. gloss black and say acura on them.

ShaylorD has a nice set of red stoptechs for sale, and I am sure he will give you a good price. I would contact him, save the money over a new set, and put the money elsewhere. FYI, I and a good number of people feel the Stoptech kit is superior to the Brembo kit. Not that it matters if you're not hard core on the track.

Last edited:
Back