• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brand New LoveFab Headers. A First for the NSX Community

Here's a picture of our headers and exhaust mocked up on a C30A. Sorry for the grainy picture, it was from my phone so the quality isn't the best.

NSX%20Headers%20and%20Exhaust.JPG

Here are a few pictures of our headers taken with a real camera. Notice the seamless internal welds produced by proper backpurging techniques. No actual internal welding was performed. This is what a weld looks like with good penetration and proper welding techniques. Every weld on our headers, exhausts, and turbo systems looks identical.

HeadersAlone%20003.jpg

HeadersAlone%20007.jpg

Hmm I wonder who the owner of that green NSX is:biggrin:

You mean this Brooklands Green here? :)

Here is a quick video of the Brooklands Green NSX that has been our NA test car in this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyPPDdBNmgc

Our prototype exhaust has a very deep note and is hardly louder than stock until you really crack open the throttle. The video was taken in 3rd gear if I remember correctly, obviously, wide open throttle.

The car is running well and the owner reports that the car runs much stronger than last season.

A big test with our headers is coming up soon, stay tuned guys!

We had some great results over the weekend! I want to thank Sky for making the drive up here, it was an awesome experience.

I'm gathering data and video for a post on Wednesday when I return from delivering another customer's NSX.

Cody, Sky told me the results as I was VERY interested when he told me he was getting them. WOW Those are soem good headers man!!

You mean this Brooklands Green here? :)

Here is a quick video of the Brooklands Green NSX that has been our NA test car in this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyPPDdBNmgc

Our prototype exhaust has a very deep note and is hardly louder than stock until you really crack open the throttle. The video was taken in 3rd gear if I remember correctly, obviously, wide open throttle.

The car is running well and the owner reports that the car runs much stronger than last season.

A big test with our headers is coming up soon, stay tuned guys!

Don't get him in trouble with Maria now ..lol

I'm really interested in your headers Cody but did you say they had to be modified to work with other exhausts or will they only work with your exhaust?

hi guy
i know Cody is busy delivery customer car and picking up his own NSX. while waiting for him to gather video and data. here is some picture of the header that i took.

Attachments

• 05022010083.jpg
    05022010083.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 309
  • 05022010085.jpg
    05022010085.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 256
  • 05022010087.jpg
    05022010087.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 250
  • 05022010088.jpg
    05022010088.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 244
and here is some picture compared lovefab header and my Cantrell header

Attachments

• 05022010089.jpg
    05022010089.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 659
  • 05022010091.jpg
    05022010091.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 602
  • 05022010094.jpg
    05022010094.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 619
  • 05022010096.jpg
    05022010096.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 620
  • 05022010097.jpg
    05022010097.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 311
  • 05022010098.jpg
    05022010098.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 296
  • 05022010099.jpg
    05022010099.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 617
Very nice indeed. I know it would be crazy expensive but just imagine that baby in titanium ..drool

Thanks for the kind responses guys!

This past Sunday, Sky made the trip to the big north to install and dyno test our headers. Sky's 05 NSX has the SOS supercharger on top of a Driving Ambition intercooler and 3.5 liter stroker motor.

We strapped the car down to the local Mustang dyno and it made 476.8WHP and 380.9WTQ. Sky was dissappointed because the car made over 550WHP on another dyno. I explained that every dyno reads differently and that this dyno in particular is a "heartbreaker".

We then loaded the car back into the trailer and headed back to the shop to install the headers and adapter pipes. The install was very straightforward and after a small adjustment to the rear adapter pipe, we were set for the dyno again.

Sky's NSX picked up 15.5WHP and 9.6WHP over the headers that were installed on the car!

CCF05032010_00000.jpg

The car picked up bucket loads of torque under 4500RPM and it's easily noticeable on the street. When punching the throttle in 2nd gear with the baseline numbers, the car was relatively "stable". With the LoveFab headers installed, 2nd gear easily spins the tires(TCS off) accompanied by strong acceleration throughout the RPM band.

One interesting thing to note is that supercharger boost decreased by as much as 1.2 psi. This is due removing the "bottleneck" of "standard" NSX headers which allows the engine to injest and expel air more efficiently. I'm now very curious to see how a 2.5" collector would perform with a supercharged car....another time.

There were a few spots in the fuel map that could have used some fine tuning but unforunately, we lost the rear 02 sensor functionality, and it was getting late as Sky still had an 8 hour drive to get home. We rushed back to the shop to replace the sensor so that Sky could safely return home.

Overall we are very happy with how the headers have performed throughout the last 17 months! They have shown gains in every situation for which they were designed and have improved horsepower and torque with several different applications.

We have several orders on the bench but are more than happy to accept more!

Last edited:
Very nice indeed. I know it would be crazy expensive but just imagine that baby in titanium ..drool

People spend more on TI exhausts that produce minimal if any gains...if you ask, we can build them! And they will actually produce large HP/TQ gains! :biggrin:

We have adapter pipes fixtured for the 02-05 exhaust's right now.

We have a 91-94 exhaust in storage that we could easily bolt up and build adapter pipes and fixtures. What year is your car Semnos?

It's a 1999 with a CTSC (high boost)......
I currently have a Comptech exhaust but am looking to get something a little more aggressive (aka GTLW).

We could easily fab up an exhaust that will be both lightweight and tastefully sounding. We would probably use Burns Race mufflers or something of that nature. And it will be much more appealing cost-wise with amazing contruction quality.

Otherwise, I think we have a 97 exhaust in storage as well, which should bolt into the GTLW's place pretty well.

People spend more on TI exhausts that produce minimal if any gains...if you ask, we can build them! And they will actually produce large HP/TQ gains! :biggrin:

Shut the front door! If you can give a high pitched sound they will beat a path to your door ..lol

Hi Cody,

I am interested in your header for my 1991 turbo nsx. Will it bolt straight to my current system which is based on a 1991 header?

Shut the front door! If you can give a high pitched sound they will beat a path to your door ..lol

I'll be concentrating on some different NA exhaust options in the coming months. Also, depending on final cost, I may play with some Titanium :biggrin:

I dont think I saw a price on the headers while looking through the thread.

nvm found it... I also need a price for the header with test pipe adapter to 91-94 exhaust.

Last edited:
Test pipes will run around $299 without cats. If you wanted cats inserted, $499.

Headers are $1899 retail.

If we can get some interest going we can hold a group buy to help knock some of the cost off. We are nearing completion of several projects and will have some time to build a few sets of headers.

Thanks guys!

I read through this thread and maybe I missed it, but would like to know. Is it possible for this header to mount up to the OEM exhaust? I ask because, I have the Angus system that he sells and absolutely love it. So, I'd like to have this header system (maybe) and mount up to the Angus exhaust system.

I read through this thread and maybe I missed it, but would like to know. Is it possible for this header to mount up to the OEM exhaust? I ask because, I have the Angus system that he sells and absolutely love it. So, I'd like to have this header system (maybe) and mount up to the Angus exhaust system.

Yes its possible with the use of our custom built test pipes. They will average price in price.

Back