• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brembo F-50/Lotus caliper BBK, $4000 complete

Since we're waiting on the wide-body to be completed on the racecar. I could put a set on my car so everyone asking can see what it looks like.

PM for address. :wink:

Hey, how about no butting in the brake line until you are out of the paint booth. :tongue:

If it would help I can make you up some card-board cut-outs that look like calipers and rotors; should give you the idea. :biggrin:

Hey, how about no butting in the brake line until you are out of the paint booth. :tongue:

If it would help I can make you up some card-board cut-outs that look like calipers and rotors; should give you the idea. :biggrin:
Since the racecar is getting the widebody and is currently out of commission. I could put the kit on my street car for pictures.

:rolleyes:

PM sent Billy!

I may have mine on my car before you the way this is going, especially if you use Factor X's connections...:rolleyes:

The final order is going this week, looks like there is one set not spoken for at this point. PM if you want to get the last ones!

Dave

PM sent Billy!

I may have mine on my car before you the way this is going, especially if you use Factor X's connections...:rolleyes:

The final order is going this week, looks like there is one set not spoken for at this point. PM if you want to get the last ones!

Dave
Wow, that's kind of harsh. Obviously you are very experienced with building racecars and relying on people/vendors/sponsors/companies to make a project like this work.

Wow, that's kind of harsh. Obviously you are very experienced with building racecars and relying on people/vendors/sponsors/companies to make a project like this work.

Jeesh, just pokin' fun...I understand all too well... I am the one most folks seem to be waiting on!

Dave, What's your thought about brackets for temporarily having the rear lotus calipers also pull double duty for the 2K front?

I can't believe it, I melted those dust seals on those brand new calipers we put on last month already.

Dave, What's your thought about brackets for temporarily having the rear lotus calipers also pull double duty for the 2K front?

I can't believe it, I melted those dust seals on those brand new calipers we put on last month already.

John,
I am sure I can build brackets for the Lotus calipers to fit on the front of your S2K, but the real issue is ducting to get the heat out of what ever caliper/rotor you are using. Your money is better spent on very good specific ducting plumbed into plastic punch outs on the lower out side corners of the bumper. A 3" duct will fit in there pretty easily, point the outlet toward the center of the rotor and it should pull enough heat out you will get a couple of seasons out of the caliper seals.

http://www.eskimo.com/~mikeg/S2000/ducting/

If that is not enough, 2 piece directional rotors would be the next step, and calipers would be the last thing I would upgrade.

Calipers will be here next week, so you can decide what you want.

Dave

Hey fellow junkies!! Per request the pictures are in of Dave's weekend warrior BBK!!

I just made a 400 mile round-trip parts run arriving back very last last night with the mother load. This here is the very first production set off the assembly line so I am also the test mule. :tongue:

As such, if you can believe it, I was so excited I wrenched until 4:30am before realizing I had fallen on my garage floor!! :eek:

Out of the box:

I've always heard good things in the paddock about the Brembo stuff, and the F-50 is such a fatty! Rotors, hats, brackets, hardware, lines... all the essentials were accounted being brand new as expected.

I even scored an extra set of street pads which was a pleasant surprise!! IMHO do the math... this kit is a killer deal!

Installation: So far, so good!

In the first few minutes it was evident that all of the essential elements for what makes for a good practical track BBK for the NSX was incorporated into this kit by design. Nothing that I can tell here was skimped on, sparing no expense for quality top grade nuts, bolts, precision machined brackets and floating hats. Every piece has a compelling story to tell being of the most efficient, functional design.

Any tuner can grab some calipers and claim a great kit... but this offering reminded me how the little details count the most- from tapping the hats for the factory set screws, to ensuring the exact length of the metric grade 10.9 bolts for an exacting fit while negating the need to have a separate set of SAE wrenches at the track, etc...

Most critical, both front and rear caliper alignment relative to the rotors on the floating hats was spot on.

Being test mule, the only thing I found was that some users like myself would be missing a dash 3 to reverse adapter for the connection to the hard line (I previously used ST lines), which Dave is picking up along with U clips this very moment and over-nighting out to me so we'll have those.

This week, I plan to fabricate shrouds in the back for hooking up my 4" front and rear brake hose which will route to my inlets on my front bumper and skirts.

On the track!!

I'll let everyone know! My plan is some slicks and 250 feet here I come!! If I don't have enough time to so much as think about anything past a downshift from 5th to 2nd I'll be very happy!

Seriously, I'm going to try and get out next week, with an invite to head down with Pong to T-Hill. I'll rat on them and report back. For those whom might be sitting at the fence about the caliper colors... no worries, my plan is that by the end of the first session to have all four corners the same color- dust black!!! :smile:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• bbk1.jpg
    bbk1.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 685
  • bbk2.jpg
    bbk2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 3,942
  • bbk3.jpg
    bbk3.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 684
John, Looks great..............look at those pretty little brakes:eek:

And JOHN you finally put the front clamps on :biggrin:

^ Looks good John!

-They're on the unlimited car now too!

Billy,Let me know if you want some of the 32mm rotors and hats for the front. Factor X opted for lighter 28mm all around, but the set up will allow use of the 32mm fronts.

Factor X has the 28mm front and rear? But we have the motorsports rotors front and rear, not the usual GT kit's rotors...
Yes, Brembo Racing rotor(slotted) all around!

I want to. I have to check on Monday to make sure I can get off work......

I don't know (if what you tell me is true) it would be hard to drag me away from a JOB of playing skeet with kittens :biggrin: J/K

If you are going I might have to take a trip. My cars NOT running but would love to take a ride :tongue: in yours..................got an extra seat :confused:

First fender liners i've ever seen on a widebody. Care to share were and how these came about?????:smile: Brakes look good.

Nothing special. I Just made them, trial and error working around my wider fronts. My tools/materials of choice were a rivet gun, pop-nut tool, and a 4X8 sheet of 1/16" fiberglass I cut using a plyable vinyl template. Rears are easy, but the fronts for me took a lot of trial and error to enable full lock to lock. The bottom brackets I made using some light weight L aluminum stock.

My approach now is that I make all of my prototype stuff out of fiberglass. After some track testing, if I like it and it proves well I'll go back the next season and improve on it (find someway to make it lighter and/or use it as a reason to make a copy with a blingy layer of carbon twill). :)

I don't know (if what you tell me is true) it would be hard to drag me away from a JOB of playing skeet with kittens :biggrin: J/K

If you are going I might have to take a trip. My cars NOT running but would love to take a ride :tongue: in yours..................got an extra seat :confused:

I don't know that would work out. Since you took my Sparco's I only have 1 seat in the NSX, with a driver catch net across where the passenger seat usually goes. I never thought about passengers?

No worries thou. Due to the long driving time I kind of wanted to take the 2K anyway... and would be happy to throw a seat in.

Off topic, but anyone know about sound limits down there... would 103-108db be a problem at T-Hill for a DE day? :confused:

Last edited:
I don't know that would work out. Since you took my Sparco's I only have 1 seat in the NSX, with a driver catch net across where the passenger seat usually goes. I never thought about passengers?

Off topic, but anyone know about sound limits down there... would 103-108db be a problem at T-Hill for a DE day? :confused:

Bring the widebody :biggrin:

"Considering that Thunderhill is between Sacramento and Redding (i.e. the boondocks) they obviously don't have to worry about those pesky noise restrictions"

T-hill noise limit is 103 db They setup a sound meter on the front straight. I was black flagged twice in one day :mad: I have to run cats to keep below the noise limit.

Allen

Thanks for getting the number right Allen ..... but your car is loud without cats so no suprises there; what did you hit 105? ...... but few of you are in that territory of over 100 db :wink:

Did your car STOP?

I would put mine on but it doesn't run so......:confused:

On the track!!

I'll let everyone know! My plan is some slicks and 250 feet here I come!! If I don't have enough time to so much as think about anything past a downshift from 5th to 2nd I'll be very happy!

Seriously, I'm going to try and get out next week, with an invite to head down with Pong to T-Hill. I'll rat on them and report back. For those whom might be sitting at the fence about the caliper colors... no worries, my plan is that by the end of the first session to have all four corners the same color- dust black!!! :smile:

Did your car STOP?

I would put mine on but it doesn't run so......:confused:

Hi Jeff,

No idea. I tried to pull a favor but the T-Hill and Cascade events were both booked and I couldn't get in that late. Probably best, this week- I had to shake out a few bugs- intermediate shaft slinging grease, minor seal leak, and the kicker I had to pull the JRZ's. Being rather like a switch watch, apparently I am learning that they really like lots of attention- often the expensive kind. :smile:

My out of box impression was that the Brembo low dust street pads are kinda wussy on torque relative to what I am used to. I'm going to swap to the Brembo 'track pads' I have here and see what they are all about. I might also order up a set of Cobalt race pads. One step at a time. Get 'em good and hot I'll know when I step on the pedal if I have it or not.

I should be ready to go within a few days depending on when I see my parts this week. Little busy at work... maybe I can catch the 24 hour flu and catch a Proformance day at PR? :biggrin:

Back