• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brembo front brake kit clearance question

Hey folks just wondering what people have had to do to try and make the brembo front BBK (328mm) work with the factory 16 fronts? I'd rather not have to change wheels as I like 'em... TIA

The GT kit nor the Stoptech will fit with a 16. You can get the brembo Kit with the "Indy" calipers (incorrectly named), and that will fit. That's significantly more expensive than the brembo lotus kit. You are going to have to change your wheels. And honestly, I prefer Stoptech on the NSX. The bias is better suited to this car as the kits come.

Last edited:
Your best upgrade for OEM wheels is the oversized rotor upgrade from racing brake. Uses factory calipers. www.racingbrake.com. But I don't recommend them for real hardcore tracking with slicks.

Isn't that a front only kit? They don't make a rear or give an e-brake option. And I have to wonder, how much better than OEM this is. Guess we have to ask what the intended purpose is. If it is to look good, these look... Ummm.... Better? If the intent is performance, this is almost as expensive as what you can get a Stoptech front kit for... Which then begs the question... Do you want to keep the OEM wheel that badly? Because I can guarantee the forged ST-40 caliper will be far superior to this one, all the while stylin' more. LOL

What is the issue with racing brake oversized rotors?
I'm considering getting these for light tracking.

They seem to be a bit weak at the connection points to the hat. Billy Johnson sheared them right off and posted photos. He wrote racing brake as did I. Their response to me after a long delay and several attempts was "you can damage anything". It was basically a "we don't give a F about your experience".

My personal feeling is they will hold up but under extreme forces they will fail. There have been guys that have tracked them with no issues. Obviously someone like billy will put extra stress on them. The way they sheared off was scary looking. He didn't like it at all. And I haven't ever seen that with something like a Stoptech or a brembo.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/121864-New-Racing-Brake-kit?highlight=Sheared

Last edited:
Thanks Turbo,
In a perfect world i would go stoptech but i'm looking at rb due to the price and the fact i wouldnt need to buy new wheels and i'm not that keen to run spacers.
I think for my application they would be ok but i will give it some more thought.
Cheers

Back