• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brembo Gran Turismo BBK Wheel Fitment Question

I've already done a search and can't come up with the answer to my question, so maybe someone here can help.

My question is: Does anyone know if the OEM 16/17" wheels will clear the Brembo GT kit & E-brake with a 25mm spacer F/R? I'm sure the front will be the determining factor.

I think I read that the Brembo kit requires 14.2 or 15.2" of inner wheel clearance but I can't find the data source again to verify. Anyone know for sure? I thought there might be a shot since they are 16" if the only other reason it didn't fit the OEM Wheels was because of the caliper width (the spacer would hopefully fix that).

You can go online to Brembo's website and find measurements of the caliper location in relation to the wheel hub. Make a paper template from these measurements, glue it to a stiff posterboard, cut out the shape and test fit it to the back of your wheel with the spacer laying inside the wheel. Stoptech has a similar but better drawing you can use on their website.

Last edited:
Thanks, I downloaded their catalog and it only has numbers to measure clearance. Scienceofspeed's website shows the 15.2" of inner wheel clearance and the other two clearance checks as well. You are right, Stoptech's true template is much better and easier to use, there are no measurements to check with a straight edge and ruler. I was hoping someone might have tried it already... maybe someone will still chime in if they know or experiment with their bbk already installed.

I have the Brembo GT on the front. It WILL NOT clear an OEM 16. Not any chance, not any spacer will make it work because it's the ID of the wheel. It will clear a front OEM 17 with a 15mm spacer. It might work with a 10mm as there is a few mm of space between the spoke and the caliper. However, it barely clears the barrel of the 17, as I have to have my wheel weights on the inside of the wheel or it will not clear the wheel weights - that is how close it is.

Last edited:
Thanks for confirming captain, I knew someone out there had to have that knowledge. I guess I'll have to get some new wheels after all

Thanks for confirming captain, I knew someone out there had to have that knowledge. I guess I'll have to get some new wheels after all

I have a set of Works wheels that came off our 96 NSX, that I believe might work with your brakes. They are 17X8 front and 17X10 rear. As soon as I can get my son (the ITperson) to upload the pictures, I am getting ready to put them on the forum for either track wheels or ideal to be powdercoated, as they got stained by a "detailer" that said "he had always used that chemical on alloy wheels"! They might polish out, but we had a set of Chrome Enkie wheels we had just replaced on our 2000 due to needing different wheels to clear a set of 997S Brembo brakes, so on they went instead:biggrin:. I would like $750 for the set + shipping. Let me know if any interest and I will check the back measures. Did not mean to highjack your thread, but thought this might help.:smile:

I have the Brembo GT on the front. It WILL NOT clear an OEM 16. Not any chance, not any spacer will make it work because it's the ID of the wheel.

That's not true - if you had an 18 inch spacer - I'm quite sure it'll clear...

HELLAFLUSH YO!

Back