• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bret's Widebody NSX

Re: Purbread: Bret's Time Attack NSX

I'm not trying to validate the captains strong opinion iether way but when you read the cover story I assumed I would read about the Time attack history of the car beacause in most cases the competition history of a dedicated TA car is the story.The fact that there is only info about the car,could lead one to assume it is a show car .....of course none of this static detracts from the fact that it is a great looking nsx.:smile:

You can tell the difference between a track car and a poser car by looking at the brake rotors. :wink: Those that track their car know exactly what I mean by that. :)

Last edited:

The fact that there is only info about the car,could lead one to assume it is a show car .....of course none of this static detracts from the fact that it is a great looking nsx.:smile:

+1 Beautiful car. Show car. :wink:

Where's the emoticon for missing the point entirely? Is it the roll eyes smilie or just including a cool story bro meme in the post. Ah, nevermind.
I think I nailed it unless you point goes beyond your unhappiness of labeling a car with a well executed body and aero without big power a "time attack car" ;-)

should retitle this to: Bret's 'Time Attack Looking' NSX :biggrin:

It was a friend of mine who posted this featured shoot here. I personally had no intentions at all to post my car here. I build this for me and not for people to see and criticize. I dont consider my car as a time-attack car at all, but i do track the car and build with that purpose.

If someone can please edit the title to say "Bret's Widebody NSX" that would be great so we can stop going on about it and just enjoy the pics of the car as it is. I doubt my friend would be able to edit the title.

Thanks for looking.

Nice car Bret!

Mods, change title and close thread. I'm getting depressed :(

Posted from my iPhone

Bret's car is incredible in person... as far as power wise, if the car has the right suspension setup and what not it can still be an absolute beast on technical tracks.
Although cant wait to see it with some FI power!

pushing the driver's limit with street tires and bolt on power is prob the best way to learn the car and improve driver skill as a start
and this is a long time project that has just begun

Now to call a car a TA car that dosn't compete is a different story...

The car looks great, great body, nice wing/end plates, diffuser, etc but not so sure about 452's for "Time Attack" tires..

The double-din touch-screen TV is heavy but so are the stock seats, spare tire, side-inlets, stock rear bumper, etc... sure it's not a purpose-built car with the sole purpose of speed at all costs, but it's very well executed IMO.

he was thinking, "who the hell are you to criticize me?!" *clicks on your link* :eek: "umm, nevermind, i'll attack that CL dude" (which ended in epic fail, so now he plays nice)

he was thinking, "who the hell are you to criticize me?!" *clicks on your link* :eek: "umm, nevermind, i'll attack that CL dude" (which ended in epic fail, so now he plays nice)

jdn Attacked? All I see is jdn defending his car, CL65 Captain was doing the attacking...

jdn Attacked? All I see is jdn defending his car, CL65 Captain was doing the attacking...

so maybe this whole thread should be titled :Time attack attacked.:wink:

Other than the tires (which I ran on my NSX). I wasn't criticizing your car but rather defending it.

I'm building my car with similar compromise between performance and comfort in mind. I too have a similar touch screen system and subwoofer and will time attack my car, but it too won't be a purpose-built car (which I would gut it if speed was the #1 goal) but for me, I get a bigger kick out of beating purpose built gutted cars in comfort and style in my street car. Makes it no less of a time attack car -just like you. But I don't agree with calling cars race or TA cars that don't do either.

so maybe this whole thread should be titled :Time attack attacked.:wink:
LOL

I've never had the chance to check out B's NSX personally...hoping to do so in Mtl this year :D

FYI a big TV in centre console does not weigh that much. I have one and it doesn't affect my time at all :cool:
251174_10150280217591224_690446223_9371290_1543626_n.jpg

35208_457893081223_690446223_6478172_4939805_n.jpg
Off topic but who sells the OMP steering wheel? Thanks.

Back