• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brighter interior bulbs (NSX Prime lurker giving back)

Hello all,

I was in my friend's G35 the other day and noticed he had replaced his domelight and other interior lights with these really bright white ones. I asked him where he got them and he directed me to an auto accessories store at the Block at Orange. I went there on Saturday and bought a pair for $12.99 + tax (there was a cheaper set I was told that wasn't as bright). I went back to my car and discovered that some loser hocked a loogie on my windshield for no reason. Anyways, I replaced the domelight and was really happy with the much brighter white lights. I looked around the interior of my 95 NSX-T and found that the same bulbs were in each door, the driver footwell, and in the trunk. So I needed 3 more bulbs which would have been 2 more packs, these little bulbs were getting a little expensive.

I used to be an car audio & security dealer so I still stop by the distributors every so often to pick up stuff and remembered that they carried auto bulbs. So I stopped by today and found the same bulbs for $6 a pair. They say Xenon gas charged, have a blue tint, and light up bright white and a bit hotter (I don't think they'll melt anything). The are a tad bit thicker than the original bulb but have no problem fitting in, they just fit tighter.

I've gotten a lot of valuable information from these forums which recently lead me to buying my black 95 NSX-T so I thought it'd be cool if I gave back by offering these bulbs at my cost. For the 95T, the 6 bulbs (3 packs) would cost $18 and probably $3 for USPS shipping. I think some of the older cars might have different bulbs. If enough people want these bulbs, I might be able to buy a whole box of them and save even more $$$ and I would be glad to pass the savings onto the readers and posters (the bulbs probably cost my distributor $3). I don't want to make any money off of this. So what I'd like to do is know who wants these, how many, and after a week or two, total it up, go out and buy the bulbs and put together all the orders to ship out. Anyone interested?

I put together a webpage with some images, the pictures don't do it justice... This is a tasteful and functional modification. It's a real easy too, all you need is a screwdriver to pry off the lenses.

http://www.greenwichfurniture.com/nsx/bulbs/bulbs.html

Thanks everyone...

badfish, count me in for 4, one each for the doors, one for the trunk and one for the footwell!

I rarely use the interior light.

Thanks!!
Don

Last edited:
I did this mod a while ago and would recommend it to anyone. It looks much nicer now when I open the door at night because I don't have those yellowish lights showing.

you can put me down for (4)
btw are you going to NSXPO if you are and get them before the event I will pick them up from you there. You could even buy a box and bring it with you. I am sure you would not have a problem getting them all sold.

I am interested in joining in this group buy as well. But I am concerned about the extra heat, if they are indeed hotter, and any extra energy requirements too.

If you go to NSXPO, I'd like to see them and maybe buy a set there if you bring extra.

Edit:

Viper Driver said:
Does anybody know what type of bulbs are required for the '91-94s, since the bulbs in this thread won't work in the older cars?

Oops, I guess this means I'm out...

Last edited:
Count me in.
[edit]: I pick them up at NSXPO.

Last edited:
Bulbs

NSXG35 said:
you can put me down for (4)
btw are you going to NSXPO if you are and get them before the event I will pick them up from you there. You could even buy a box and bring it with you. I am sure you would not have a problem getting them all sold.

This is a good idea and it's just a 400 mile drive for me to get there but unfortunately it's on my birthday. I'll try to make it but worst case scenario, I could just give the box of bulbs to one of the members in SoCal who is going and have them distribute.

I called the distributor up and he said he can probably have a box delivered to his warehouse by Saturday. He's gonna find out how many pieces come in the box later on today and call me back.

For those who are not going to be able to make it to NSXPO, I will send them out to whomever PMs me and sends me a check.

Does anybody know what type of bulbs are required for the '91-94s, since the bulbs in this thread won't work in the older cars?

I will take all six, as it is getting darker so early now, and I too would love to see more of my lovely tan interior.

[email protected]
ship to zip 27262

and thanks for giving back (or forward):D

Put me down for 4. I will be at nsxpo friday.. can i get them at that time? if not i am located down the 5 from you in mission viejo. Thanks

To

What company makes these?

I have a 91, I think the 91-94 have some bulbs as the 95-ons...

Does it work with 91 NSX? I want a total of 12 (for spare as well).

Does anyone know how to make the dashboard light brighter as well?

Can we have someone verify the fitting for the 91-94's? Will they fit or not? Many people, including myself, have NSX's in this category.

Thanks.

Badfish,

I am very interested in these bulbs. I would like to see them in person and compare the difference. I am in the OC area, and I am sure there are number of So Cal owners that wouldn't mind seeing it in person.

Please PM me your contact, we can maybe arrange a show and tell on some evening.

thanks,

Joel said:
Can we have someone verify the fitting for the 91-94's? Will they fit or not? Many people, including myself, have NSX's in this category.

Thanks.

Guys, if you look at the owner's manual, you will see that the bulbs are the same.

Hard to get

My supplier is down to 6 sets left right now and he doesn't get them in on a regular basis. He gets them trans-shipped from an audio dealer. I'm in contact with the company that makes them and I am working on getting an account setup to resell them. I have to re-establish an old business I had. :) Not unless someone has a tax id and reseller that wants to help out. I'm scrambling right now to get a box of these for NSXPO. Will keep u posted...

Back