• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Broken Door Panel Lugs

Hi Guys
When I removed my door panel to get at the Speaker Amp I noticed a couple of the lugs which
secure the panel to the door were broken. Probably due to some ham fisted operator removing the panel perhaps to get at the
alarm before I bought the car. Whilst the panel was off I decided to replace these broken lugs by machining z pieces from acrylic plastic.
I cut the old lug away and filed the seat flat so that the new lug would sit at the same height as the originals and
glued the z piece to the door surround using Loctite 406 ( the best super glue on the market). The replacement
lugs are stronger than the originals see photo.

Attachments

• Door Lug.jpg
    Door Lug.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 220
Very nice fix! I broke one of those mounting points while doing an upholstery update and repaired it by bending the "Z"section out of thin stainless steel and bonding that and the broken lug bit in with 3M VHB double sided tape. Stronger than ever and nearly an invisible repair. Necessity is the mother of invention, as they say :biggrin:

Great fix. Thanks for sharing. I wish I had a nickel for every broken plastic tab/anchor I've found while working on the interior of my beloved NSX!

Thats excellent. I'd love to have a few of those. How did you machine them? With a 3D printer? Did you produce a STL or other design file you'd be willing to share?

Broken door panel lugs

Thats excellent. I'd love to have a few of those. How did you machine them? With a 3D printer? Did you produce a STL or other design file you'd be willing to share?

I machined them on a small milling machine. Attached is a quick sketch showing dimensions etc. and how to remove the
broken lugs to suit the new ones.
Any one with a milling machine should be able to make them for you however if you can't find anyone contact me and i will
machine some for you.

Attachments

• lug.pdf
    474.4 KB · Views: 31
Back