• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bronze/Gold Caliper Paint

Anybody know where you can get the original color as all the auto parts places only have the red, black, yellow?
Thanks,
Robert

I just finished mine last week in gold. Had to get it from eBay vendor "hubcaps plus," the G2 brand.
You should know that there is a limited shelf life on this stuff; it is a 2-part system but will begin to set up on its own after awhile. Vendor sent me a nice, fresh kit.
It doesn't seem like it but you get enough paint to do two or three cars. If I had to do it all again, I'd jack up my beater and paint the calipers on there, too, just to cut out the waste.
Most people choose to split the paint and do one side of the car at a time. If you go this route, remember, you can clean the brush with the brake cleaner. Works great!

Having difficulty in finding the vendor with this name. Is this the exact name of the vendor? How did yours look when you finished? Do you wish that you had gone with a different color?
Thanks,
Robert

Alan how different is this from the factory Gold? do you know? I have an 05 so I have factory gold calipers already, but I was thinking of doing the hats on my RB rotors in the same color. I just don't want to be off... I don't want to commit a fashion faux pas :biggrin:

How did yours look when you finished? Do you wish that you had gone with a different color?
When I was working with the paint, I though it might wind up looking a little streaky. I painted on 3 coats, and you can't see the strokes unless you put a strong light on it and get your eye 6 inches away.
But it looks good! The picture on the box and in the eBay ad gives the impression that the color will be a bit muddy, but actually, it is quite gold. Since Honda chose to use this color on its later model NSX's, I wouldn't have used any other color. No regrets about that at all.
Another note: I bought cans of high-temp engine paint and picked out the NSX in red. A departure from OEM, but what the heck.
TURBO2GO: I kept a minuscule amount of this stuff in the can, and some hardener, for touchups. It's about 1-2 caliper's worth of paint. If you want it, you can have it for color experimentation if not actual use.

So you'd say... pretty close, if not a dead-on match for the original color in your opinion?
Thanks for the link and the help.
-Robert

I don't know how closely this matches the factory color. But it was the best I could do.
Turbo2go should be able to give us a firsthand verdict in a week or so.:smile:

Back