• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Business owners

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am looking for a merchant credit card account to start accepting credit card payments for our business. I have done some searches online, but its seems like long distance companies, too many different angles. Just looking for a straightforward way to accept plastic types of payments. Volume for charges wont be heavy at all (at most, a few charges a month) so Im not too concerned about the rates. It's those hidden charges that I am worried about. If anything; it will be more of a security factor, used to support the usual payments routes. Thanks in advance.

donwon said:
Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am looking for a merchant credit card account to start accepting credit card payments for our business. I have done some searches online, but its seems like long distance companies, too many different angles. Just looking for a straightforward way to accept plastic types of payments. Volume for charges wont be heavy at all (at most, a few charges a month) so Im not too concerned about the rates. It's those hidden charges that I am worried about. If anything; it will be more of a security factor, used to support the usual payments routes. Thanks in advance.
I used NOVA for several years, linked with Wachovia.
Rates are good, big company no hidden stuff.
Only problem I had was that a lot of people in our area use business cards and some of them fall into the, non-qualified rate which is higher ~2.5%
From what I have gathered that is the same with all companies.
If you want more info PM me
:)

Briank said:
Paypal works for me.
Paypal Charges 3% for all transactions, OUCH. :(
For every 10K thats $300.00 instead of $152.00
Have a few 50K months and that can hurt.

Back