• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Button won 1st F1 GP Win

Button won his first F1 GP .. finally!! And the latest incarnation of Honda F1 team also won their first GP!

What a dramatic Hungarian GP .. with both Alonso & Schumacher out .. and all those wet weather driving!!

Gus

I woke up early (4:30am) just to watch this race live because I had a great feeling that Honda would have a good result. I AM SO HAPPY!!! Finally, now it's time for Honda to keep winning, and earn the championship in 2007!

You beat me to the first post! CONGRATS HONDA!

I just watched it:biggrin: I made a post in the other race section so mine will probabaly be merged with this one. Jenson and Honda must be real happy:biggrin:

I don't understand your finally. :confused: The team worked very, very hard to get back to the top teams.

Finally, .. after 113 races, he got his win .. and this one is a well deserved one! Nice to see those new faces on the podium .. it's getting boring with the usual suspects ..

Poetic justice Schumacher retired too. What a crazy race, anyone knows what happend to his Ferrari? Moderators didn't knew what happend..

Personally I don't care about Button, without question he did a fantastic job, Heidfeld was 3rd he's a big talent and great character.

Button/Honda won the F1 race in Hungary 2006 with in a great race, the 301th race for Honda!!! It's the first victory of Honda since Gerhard Berger won the last race in 1992. Very good result for Barricello as well! Congratulation to the F1-Team!

Sorry for Alonso, Raikkönen and Schumacher (in this order :D). Well, I'm really looking forward for the comments in the german sport magazines as I believe that Micheal Schumacher had his suspension got broken while Nick Heidfeld (Germany) passed him. :D A normal race 'accident' but a very silly/dump fault of MSC to risk this happen. :eek:

Klayton said:
Poetic justice Schumacher retired too. What a crazy race, anyone knows what happend to his Ferrari? Moderators didn't knew what happend..

Personally I don't care about Button, without question he did a fantastic job, Heidfeld was 3rd he's a big talent and great character.

I believe because of contact while Heidfeld was passing with no accusations to none of them. It's a fault of MSC not to let Heidfeld go and save the points.

EDIT: Just heard Heidfeld: MSC front wheel touched Heidfelds rear wheel, so MSC's fault.

Last edited:
Just say the scene on TV (RTL). Both cars were sliding in the corner with MSC's car definitly behind Heidfeld's. There was an interview with MSC where he was asked if he didn't take too much risk with Heidfeld and if he'd better save the points? MSC was replying that he always drives 100 % in every corner and never let pass anybody. With Heidfeld passing he would have lost only 1 point, with the broken suspension about 3 or 4 possible points. Five races to go and if Alonso wins the CS by less than 3 points over MSC, then MSC knows why. :D

Congratulations Jenson & Honda F1 Racing! :biggrin:
Waaaaaay overdue for the win .. really good one to take!

Another board said that Jeremy Clarkson's advice (Top Gear) on the windshield was the difference .. hehe

That does it, I'm officially on the Honda bandwagon!

YAHOOOO,and I had to be working this wkend:mad: when is the recast?

Its on speed now,never mind!

I wonder if this is a conspiracy for Honda to hold back until they anounce they are making a new supercar with technology from their racing heritage, so they decide to make a new NSX and they start winning again. :tongue: :biggrin:

I can't wait for the highlights on SPEED! Go HONDA!!

I fell asleep after the first hour of the live broadcast this morning. Just watched the replay. Does Schumacher cheat in every race he runs? What a little girlie girl he is. Nice race for Button. At least now we know the car is competitive. :)

Wow! What a great race. I finally decided to plunk down the extra $$ to pick up Speed Channel so I could watch F1 and root Honda on. Was installed this past Wednesday and I stayed up late last night watching the qualifying round.

Was hot on the tube to watch the rebroadcast today at 11am and watched through to see the whole race and Honda/Button take their first win. Congrats to both!!!

Now I just wonder when Honda will send my check to thank me for watching and helping to bring home their first win. :tongue:

Woohoo!!!

Woo! Go Button, go Honda! One of, if no THE, most exciting race this season.

Hugh said:
Does Schumacher cheat in every race he runs? What a little girlie girl he is.

They don't call him Schumel Schumi in Germany for nothing :wink:

We've seen a Honda driver who started from the 14th place of the starting grid and did nothing wrong, indeed he was incredible fast! We didn't just win the race because MSC, Raikkönen and Alonso dropped out. He was REALLY fast! He started even behind Alonso and MSC.
Moreover we've seen the most attractive race since maybe 10 years. Normally F1 is like the tube, one car lined up after the other which only left some options open for the strategy. This race was completly different. I suggest that the track should be flooded with water before every race. :D:D:D This was the first race with rain and changing conditions this year and I can't wait for the next one. :)

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

That was the best race I have seen:biggrin:

Back