• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

C8 Corvette Delayed......

The super hybrid ME offerings are whizz bang state of the art whim cars.

Almost like a challenge to be taken seriously, you gotta make one.

However, the manufacturers offer other ME's whereas the NSX is the only model, except the GT3 version which costs even more and isn't street legal.

Apparently Ferrari has an all electric F8 (488 replacement) that’s been driving around Maranello for a while now. Change is coming...

LOL. Highly unlikely. No ELITIST/SNOBBISH (Ferrari or Lamborghini) owner is EVER going to consider a vette. Completely different league and more importantly, lifestyles.
Fixed that for you. Take a look at a real baller's garage such as Jay Leno's and many billionaires' garages. Many of these guys are true car enthusiasts who actually know cars and appreciate them as what they are, CARS. There are many, many Corvettes owned by these car guys as Corvettes are the true American classic sports cars dating back to the 1950s. There are people that buy Lamborghinis and Ferraris and they could not tell the fronts from rears but just use these cars to flaunt a "life style" and pompous elitist attitude. I have met people that have them but are making monthly payments on them. Certainly different leagues and life styles. What do I know as I am living paycheck to paycheck? I don't like the newer Corvettes because a few issues but many car nuts do including people that can afford anything.
Steve

Last edited:
Fixed that for you. Take a look at a real baller's garage such as Jay Leno's and many billionaires' garages. Many of these guys are true car enthusiasts who actually know cars and appreciate them as what they are, CARS. There are many, many Corvettes owned by these car guys as Corvettes are the true American classic sports cars dating back to the 1950s. There are people that buy Lamborghinis and Ferraris and they could not tell the fronts from rears but just use these cars to flaunt a "life style". I have met people that have them but are making monthly payments on them. Certainly different leagues and life styles. What do I know as I am living paycheck to paycheck? I don't like the newer Corvettes because a few issues but many car nuts do including people that can afford anything.
Steve

The ? to ask them is what car would be the one car you would want to survive if your collection got flooded?

I doubt it would be the Vette.

The ? to ask them is what car would be the one car you would want to survive if your collection got flooded?

I doubt it would be the Vette.

Then your "?" is irrelevant as the point is if people who own Ferrari or Lamborghini would own or buy a Corvette, not which car they like the most or which they wish would survive in a flood. There are many rich people out there who would do and own all kinds of stuffs. To say that no Ferrari or Lambo guys will "EVER" consider Corvette is simply close-minded and presumptuous. Maybe that's from a paradigm of a not "true" exotic owner? We are certainly NOT talking about Ralph Lauren's opinion here.
Steve

A lot of exotic car owners own Vettes just to flog.

Some actually like them to.

I liked mine, but it was time to move on.

Bang for the buck a Corvette is hard to beat.

However there are other considerations that decide ownership like exclusiveness.

Maybe that is why Corvette started making limited editions.

Back