• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Caliper Rebuild - enclosed Lube packets Question

Having received the Rear Caliper rebuild kit from Acura (01473-SLO-J00), it contains (4) small packets of lube. Two are labeled but two just say G-40M and KS 62M. Can anyone explain the use of these two? I cannot get a reference to them in my shop manual on the 97 NSX and get conflicting info on the net.
Thanks,
Chris

Having received the Rear Caliper rebuild kit from Acura (01473-SLO-J00), it contains (4) small packets of lube. Two are labeled but two just say G-40M and KS 62M. Can anyone explain the use of these two? I cannot get a reference to them in my shop manual on the 97 NSX and get conflicting info on the net.
Thanks,
Chris

Just a guess, but I'd say they are for lubing the slide pins.

No, the third packet says "Pin Moving portion" and the 4th packet says " Location: dust cover of caliper, cup of master cylinder".

The Service Manual does not mention the G-40M or the KS 62M. The Acura dealer where I purchased them could not tell me what they are for.

Thanks for the answer and the links.
The Front caliper rebuild kits have just the 3 packets (Orange, Pink & Clear (KS 62M). However the Rear kits have the additional milky-colored lube G-40M. The Shin-Etsu site shows this as a hi-temp lube suitable for bearings. Since this is only in the rear kit, perhaps it is for the Emergence brake assembly which does have a small bearing according to the shop manual.
Any confirmation of this or other theories are welcome.

Back