• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Calling All Black nsx car owners

I know this has been discussed a billion times, But I used meguiar's gold classic today. I have had my nsx for about a year and a half. I clean my car all the time and I just couldn't get my paint to look just the way I wan't it to look like. Today I tryed yet another wax Meguiars gold class and WOW my car paint looks like the back car on the bottle. My 94 year old grandmother was watching me slave And even with her poor Eye sight. She said it look like a mirror. Thumbs way up. Here area few pics and it dosen't do it justice.
fc144edf.jpg

fc144ef0.jpg

Hey... I have a black NSX too... and I have also just started using the Meguiars gold class and I feel it works better than anything else on black cars! I washed my car 3-4 times with dawn dish soap to remove all old wax, then used the clay bar on it to clean up the paint, then a few coats of the gold class and it is as close to new as I think it gets!:cool:

I have found, if I wax the entire car in the evening and leave it to dry overnight in the garage, it seems to give an even deeper shine.:D

I spent this weekend getting my black '97 cleaned up. And just like you I can't seem to get the black finish satisfactory. Don't get me wrong it was very shiny and bright, the finish seems cloudy deep, deep in the finish.

So after seaching the forums I tried a Dawn wash, Meguiar's Swirl Remover and two coats Zaino Z-5 with ZFX. Shiner but still not clear deep into the finish. Don't get me wrong it looks good, but it could and should look better.

Any suggestions? Maybe it's time for the pros?:confused:

Show1NSX - car looks great, you can even see the reflection of a white minivan(?)/SUV(?) in the side of your NSX. Be nice to see some HiRes pics to show off a bit more.

coolnsx said:
So after seaching the forums I tried a Dawn wash, Meguiar's Swirl Remover and two coats Zaino Z-5 with ZFX. Shiner but still not clear deep into the finish. Don't get me wrong it looks good, but it could and should look better.

Any suggestions? Maybe it's time for the pros?:confused:

coolnsx - Use the Z2 now on top of the Z5 coats - the Z5 is more of a swirl removal polish - the Z2 is what you really need for the deep gloss. It is great to use the Z5 first but finish up with the Z2 - I find the depth of gloss deepens even more with progressive applications, as it suggests on the website. Also, as they suggest use the Z6 gloss enhancer between coats and final finish.
From the Zaino Website
Z-5 is the safest, most cost effective way of repairing the paint, so to speak. After you are satisfied with the way the paint looks. Switch to Z-2 Show Car Polish to achieve an even higher wet-looking, optically perfect paint finish. Follow up with Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray. Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray should be used between every coat of Z-5 or Z-2.
&

The first application of Z-2 Show Car Polish will produce a super high wet-looking, durable gloss. This is fine for the average vehicle. For the enthusiast, a second coat of Z-2 will simply amaze you in terms of wetness, slickness and optical clarity. You will really see the effect, Z-2 polish has on making ordinary paint finishes look Show Car quality. The third coat, well, simply put it's AWESOME! One eight ounce bottle of Z-2 Show Car Polish will yield approximately eight to ten coats on a mid-size car.
Although Zaino is my personal favourite I'm not starting another war here promoting it vs anything else - simply answering the question & suggesting that if you want to gain the true value & optimum shine from that range of Zaino products, do exactly as suggested by the manufacturer.

Last edited:
My car's obviously red, but here's how the black roof turns out using the steps above

Attachments

• zaino 009.jpg
    zaino 009.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 1,036
I also 2nd Zaino as the best. When I first got my '91 black, I used Meguiar's Gold Class. The results were so-so, nothing spectacular. It also left a lot of streaks. Since then I've switched over to Z-1 and Z-2 Zaino with much better results. This link is what made me switch over to begin with.

http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html

Did some say 'wax'?!?!?!?! :eek: :rolleyes:
oh no... where is the Forums Nazi???

<B>D'Ecosse</B>: amazing... looks like you've installed a mirror on your roof!

show1nsx said:
Oh by the way here is my roof! Need I say more?

I don't get it... where is the roof?? ;)

Tiger740 said:
I don't get it... where is the roof?? ;)

Tiger,

If you look closely you will notice that the reflection of that tree and its great green foilage is reflecting off from his roof. Notice the small crease in the reflection from the roofline. ;) You need an eye for these things; good thing I have two.

Tan

I purchased my black 91 with less than 3K miles on it and the paint was a little cloudy. I used to detail cars professionally and on my NSX I use the 3M system. It was able to make the finish perfect, perfect. No machine just hand pollishing.

another vote for the zaino system

svalleynsx said:
I also 2nd Zaino as the best. When I first got my '91 black, I used Meguiar's Gold Class. The results were so-so, nothing spectacular. It also left a lot of streaks. Since then I've switched over to Z-1 and Z-2 Zaino with much better results. This link is what made me switch over to begin with.

http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html

I also did my homework (saw the same site) and went with the Zaino. I'm very pleased with the results.

BLK '98

klasse

THe best i have used is KLASSE. I paint, custom body work and detail on the side and have used KLASSE (pronounced CLOWSE). I used to use 3m products which also work really well. Klasse or 3M products work really great on Black or dark colored cars. Also rids swirl marks if applied properly.

laters
gil

you cant find these off the shelf at any Wal-mart or AutoZone. You have to go to a Specialty Paint store.

Tantheman said:
Tiger,

If you look closely you will notice that the reflection of that tree and its great green foilage is reflecting off from his roof. Notice the small crease in the reflection from the roofline. ;) You need an eye for these things; good thing I have two.

Tan

Thanks for your reply, Tan.
Yes, I saw that... I was just praising how clean the roof looked by asking a rhetorical question (if you noticed my winky smiley) :D!

Back