• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can anyone run a CarFax on JH4NA1266VT000003 please......or any known history (?)

This car was listed on eBay for less than a day. I contacted the seller outside of eBay who "seems" to be honest and forthright and agreed to a purchase off eBay. If anyone has any knowledge of this car I would appreciate hearing about it ASAP and if someone has access to unlimited CarFax I would appreciate receiving a copy. Thanks

If you can afford to buy an NSX, I'm sure you can afford paying the $39.99 for a Carfax. Besides, what you are doing is stealing a service that a company is providing.

If you can afford to buy an NSX, I'm sure you can afford paying the $39.99 for a Carfax. Besides, what you are doing is stealing a service that a company is providing.

Thank you.......if you hadn't told me I could afford it I never would have figured it out.

Thank you docjohn. It's the same car/same seller but obviously two years down the road. He told me he offered it for sale or trade on a previous occasion. I'm hoping someone who saw it during this past sale or someone local has knowledge of the car. Bills, receipts, photos are all credible, I'm just looking for someone who might have first hand knowledge of the car.

Without a lecture, the car has had 6 owners. Last reported miles on 2/19/16 were 65,841 in Levittown, PA. Car was sold new in New Jersey on 8/11/97. No accident or damage reports. Remember, Carfax is a good service, but not the say all do all. If you wreck a car and don't report it to your insurance company, there is no record of an accident or repair. It doesn't tell you every repair or major service. I would have to paint meter the car, run a diagnosit check, and have a look at the repair and maintaince (service) records. Make sure it has all the books, original wheels, etc. If it's on the east coast and you're on the west, it's best to pay a service (not the ebay service where they send someone to take pictures only) that has experience with classic cars to have a look. The $350 price is worth it if the car isn't what it's supposed to be. Then you have to figure in transport cost. I'd look for one closer, but that's my two cents. Good luck with it.

Thank you.......if you hadn't told me I could afford it I never would have figured it out.

I actually owe you an apology. You can save your $39.99 and don't even bother with the carfax because this particular NSX is an automatic. It's already worth less than a manual.

I actually owe you an apology. You can save your $39.99 and don't even bother with the carfax because this particular NSX is an automatic. It's already worth less than a manual.

Thank you DocL for your incredibly insightful expertise. It is reassuring to know that when someone asks for legitimate advice on this forum there will be knowledgeable experts such as yourself to come to their help. Since I am a present owner of a 5 spd manual 1991 and have owned two 2003 6 speeds and one 2005 6 speed I never would have noticed that this particular car that I was interested in buying was an automatic. Thank you for your astute observation.

On a serious note, thank you michaeldefontes. Your comments are spot on. As you state the CarFax is just a source of reference and can often miss major damage that was self insured or never reported. I know the value of a PPI and have paid for several that have saved me from making some bad purchases in the past as well as reassuring PPI's that facilitated the purchases of the FOUR NSX's that I have already purchased. This car being in PA is actually an advantage this time. I had already planned an extended vacation in PA/CT for June this year and I have always wanted to drive an NSX in New England, down the East Coast (Blue Ridge Parkway, Tail of the Dragon, The Keys, New Orleans). I'm retired and looking forward to a LONG road trip which I've considered doing in an NSX for many years. So far the longest NSX trip I've taken was driving my 2003 LBBP from Austin to CA after purchase. IF this purchase is completed I look forward to driving and not transporting the car home.

After purchasing FOUR NSX's I thoroughly understand the mechanics of NSX acquisition but I'm always open to hearing legitimate helpful advice. Once again, if anyone has first hand knowledge of this car I would love to hear from you.

Thank you DocL. You have diligently made your opinions known and I look forward to hearing your next inane comment.

Most welcome

No problem, funny you being retired would put you in my age bracket. That being said, and due to previous back injuries racing, I don't think I would try a drive that far in mine. Too painful after an hour or two max.

<tbody>
</tbody>
Thank you DocL for your incredibly insightful expertise. It is reassuring to know that when someone asks for legitimate advice on this forum there will be knowledgeable experts such as yourself to come to their help. Since I am a present owner of a 5 spd manual 1991 and have owned two 2003 6 speeds and one 2005 6 speed I never would have noticed that this particular car that I was interested in buying was an automatic. Thank you for your astute observation.

On a serious note, thank you michaeldefontes. Your comments are spot on. As you state the CarFax is just a source of reference and can often miss major damage that was self insured or never reported. I know the value of a PPI and have paid for several that have saved me from making some bad purchases in the past as well as reassuring PPI's that facilitated the purchases of the FOUR NSX's that I have already purchased. This car being in PA is actually an advantage this time. I had already planned an extended vacation in PA/CT for June this year and I have always wanted to drive an NSX in New England, down the East Coast (Blue Ridge Parkway, Tail of the Dragon, The Keys, New Orleans). I'm retired and looking forward to a LONG road trip which I've considered doing in an NSX for many years. So far the longest NSX trip I've taken was driving my 2003 LBBP from Austin to CA after purchase. IF this purchase is completed I look forward to driving and not transporting the car home.

After purchasing FOUR NSX's I thoroughly understand the mechanics of NSX acquisition but I'm always open to hearing legitimate helpful advice. Once again, if anyone has first hand knowledge of this car I would love to hear from you.

Thank you DocL. You have diligently made your opinions known and I look forward to hearing your next inane comment.

Why are you atacking docl? In a passive aggressive way? You should pay for a car fax. The car is a five or so owner and it is an automatic. I've owned three is these cars over the past 15 years and that would be enough for me. The car being an automatic in the rust belt with 6 owners would each be more then enough for me to pull my head out of my ass let alone attack someone who is trying to protect you from yourself. I don't understand why you are interested in such car? Why you attack those that are trying to help,you? And why you won't pay for a carfax? Hello?

Last edited:
My apologies on the request for the CarFax. I've seen it asked for before but didn't know it was specifically covered (and forbidden) by the moderators:

"2. Please don't post a VIN and ask someone to run a Carfax report for you. Carfax considers sharing reports a violation of their terms of service and will typically cancel the Carfax account of whoever runs the report to share with you. They actively monitor NSX Prime and other popular car forums looking for such violations."

I will sell some blood in the morning and buy the CarFax. NOW........if anyone has any first hand knowledge of this car I would still appreciate hearing about it.

Last edited:
I'm okay with the misunderstanding and I have thick skin. My first response in this thread was just meant to be constructive on how Cafax will be losing money by such a request. I remember the days when for $29 you were able,to run unlimited vin's on Carfax. Now they only offer that option by using the license plate, probably because they were losing money with the previous unlimited vin search.

Guys....do you work for CarFax?

If i owned CarFax I would be so proud. Except....they don't provide accurate info about 40% of the time. And so what? One person who is a member divulges info? Really? Did the guys who are upset over that work in the audio-visual club in high school? Get over it. The guy was asking for help. You aren't the CarFax police.

DocL and I own carfax...we see it as a big hit to our bottom line.....:tongue:

If i owned CarFax I would be so proud. Except....they don't provide accurate info about 40% of the time. And so what? One person who is a member divulges info? Really? Did the guys who are upset over that work in the audio-visual club in high school? Get over it. The guy was asking for help. You aren't the CarFax police.

In high school I was busting my a$$ studying because I knew I wanted to be a doctor, and I knew that I had to get into a good college. I didn't have time to fvck around with film projectors.

Do you own a business or you an employee? If the former, then I'm sure you'll understand the issue of services being stolen. If the latter, then that is why you obviously don't give a $hit.

-Cheers.

Back