• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can anyone with a set of OEM 91 headers sitting around, confirm something for me?

Are the posts at the bottom of the front header welded in, or are they normal bolts?

When I pulled off the front mid-pipe (labeled 'FRONT EXHAUST PIPE A' in this shop manual page) to have a wideband bung welded on, the threads came out with 2 of the 3 bolts.

I'm trying to figure out if i can replace these bolts/posts or if the only real option is to put in some aftermarket headers...

-mike

All of the 'posts', actually called studs, are threaded and can be easily replaced. You don't have to buy them from Honda / Acura if you need them fast. Lots of fastener outlets have metric studs in 10mm. The studs in the manifolds (A pipe) and the ones in the cats are replacable.

If you shop, be sure and get 10.0 hardness. Most hardware store fasteners are 8.8 and this is not hard enough for exhaust. Be sure and use WD-40 type penetrant.

HTH,
MB

Back