• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can I get a list of all the twin turbo setups that are available for our cars?

Just twin turbo's? If so, the only one I know of is the Cartech system. It's a carry-on (so to speak) of the Bell system (read: not variable vane self oiling turbos). That said, with improvements in turbo technology, I don't see a reason for an NSX to have a [twin turbo system when the singles provide fewer moving parts, and spool up incredibly fast.

Nsxdemon81 said:
it doesn't seem like i can buy it from there, any links to where i can get some price quotes?
Hah, you're ready to buy already? Do yourself a favor and spend some time (as in a few months) reading, and re-reading, the thread history within Prime. You're nowhere near ready to think about price yet, other than for budgetary reasons.

NSXnBRLA said:
Because so many people think 'twin' automatically means 2x as fast :rolleyes:
Wow, I never realized that people thought of it in that manor. What does my buddy Armando say? "Boost is boost is boost" I think. :D

NSXnBRLA said:
Because so many people think 'twin' automatically means 2x as fast :rolleyes:

ROFL haha, I never even relialzed that

=P

edit: no one noticed the spelling error :p

Last edited:
not true. The fastest outlaws run twins, but they use nitrous to spool up

either way they can be made fast .

But in a practical world, where money is an object, and where there are no real performance gains to be had by running twins in street applications, it's overkill.

Well for the record I'm fully aware of how forced induction works, twin, single or super charger. I've just been looking around for different options. As far as superchargers go comptech would appear to be the best all around from what i see. There might be a better kit but not too many people have it to know. As far as turbo's go it was just a kit i heard about it and just wanted more information on. I'm not looking at it specifically for my car. I just am looking more at the idea if it is a good kit. I personally think 1 big turbo would be the best setup for the biggest performance gain. But a twin setup might satisfy most people's need for speed. And no I don't think 2 turbos means twice as fast, however 4 turbos means 4x as fast! j/k:p

Nsxdemon81 said:
I personally think 1 big turbo would be the best setup for the biggest performance gain. But a twin setup might satisfy most people's need for speed.

please explain

if you go with a real big turbo, use nitrous to spool it you can/will get more power than this twin setup, from the numbers i c anyway. superchargers can't put out as much boost as turbos in general, i'm sure there is probally some crazy guy putting 40psi out of a charger somewhere. I'm talking about under normal circumstances though. You could run a nitrous setup that will give you 1000hp but i think everyone would agree the reliability will probally not last too long. I'm not going to go in depth about it, because that isn't what this topic is about. This topic is simply about me getting more info on the TT kit and pricing, I don't know why it got this side track. But it is just my opinion a single turbo set up would provide more power than this TT kit.

With today's turbo technology 'spooling' the turbos aka turbo lag doesn't seem to be much of a problem.

Try doing a search on PANSX - Gerry Johnson's Turbo and Factor X - FX400/FX500.

Like KGP said in the first post

G'luck :)

Nsxdemon81 said:
... just wondering if anyone is running this twin setup?
I know of one person for sure. Do youself a favor, use the search function. You will be amazed at what you can find. ;)

I am running part of that kit. I had a failure of one of the Aerodyne turbos. Kept some of the plumbing and intercoolers. Ended up going with Mitsubishi 14g turbos with custom compressor wheels. Let me tell you--this is not a path to go down light-heartedly. Trust me..........it will work, but as others have mentioned, gets costly and time consuming.

Best of luck,

Ben

pt91 said:
Tony also has a twin setup:
I was pointing out someone who had the Cartech system (I thought that is what was asked for), not a hybrid of the Bell system.

Agree with Ben and if you want the TT setup, call Cartech. One advantage of the TT setup is that it is a "kit" in that you can buy the system and have it installed locally. By the way, I have another NEW TT setup, picked it up today, actually my wife's car, Noble M12 GTO 3R - cruder than the NSX but definitely a kick in the pants. Pictures to follow in the future.

Tim

jorligan said:
By the way, I have another NEW TT setup, picked it up today, actually my wife's car, Noble M12 GTO 3R
I'd love a comparison of the Noble versus your tt NSX! ;)

I have a feeling the noble would blow the doors off teh nsx and jorligan gonna be swappin cars with the wifey :)

haha j/k.

from acura to ford!?!?!?! Why man why!??!?!

The first deviant was Marc, aka Speeddemon since he replaced his TT NSX with the Noble. Full comparison to follow in the future. Replace, I don't think so.

Tim

Nsxdemon81 said:
just like the topic says, Just taking a good look at all the options.
thanks
mike

If you need any information in regards to the Cartech System give us a call at your earliest convenience. We have a great deal of experience on both the “old aerodyne version” and the “new system”. In fact we recently tuned the first “new version” with an AEM.

Back