• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can U help identify the OEM security unit in this pic?

I just purchased an 03' that did not include any keyless entry/alarm remotes, only the actual keys. I'm trying to determine if the car came with the keyless entry system or alarm in order to get the Serial# off the OEM unit so that I can order a couple new replacement remotes from Dali.

I already tested to verify that the factory alarm does exist.(by locking the doors and opening the door through the open window, the alarm went off) I also searched on dozens of threads regarding this topic, but none of the photos seem to exactly match mine.

This weekend I removed the entire glove box area to access under the passenger dash, but I was not able to determine if any of the boxes behind the glove box were the keyless entry or alarm unit. Can anyone help me verify if one of the items in the photos are the keyless entry or alarm? I did not want to just start pulling boxes out if I wasn't sure.

Under the passenger airbag:

23061580038_large.jpg

Close Up:

23061580039_large.jpg

Thank you,
Steve

On my 92 I found it under the glove box. In other words i didn't remove anything regarding the glove box. I looked under it...poof there is was. It is a black box around 5 inches by 6 inches. It has a series of numbers on a little emblem to tell you what the remotes need to be programed too. This was over a year ago so I hope my memory serves me correctly. Never the less I didn't remove the glove box

Edit: Just realized you stated 03 and I some how read that as 93. My post is probably useless now.

Last edited:
Yeah, based on several other threads of older nsx's, I was hoping it would be attached to the bottom tray under the glove box. But many also state that later models are different, so I wanted to find out if it was perhaps moved behind the glove box.

I'd hate to buy an aftermarket alarm if all I need is a remote to use the OEM one.

Thank you for the replies and assistance.

After speaking with the extremely knowledgable Jon Martin at Cerritos Acura, which is near my office, it would appear that my 03' probably just does not have the keyless entry system. (as described in the two replies)

He said that the keyless entry was an extra expensive option separate from the standard factory security alarm, which the majority of 2003's do not have. The recommendation was to just pickup and aftermarket alarm which will give me keyless entry I'm looking for.

The factory Keyless Entry unit isn't too expensive. You can buy the unit and install it yourself in less than 20 minutes.

An aftermarket unit will give you more options and features though.

If you chose to go aftermarket, just make sure they don't butcher up your car while installing it. I have had alarms installed on other cars and they seem to always be in a hurry and tend to break plastic tabs and like to drill holes.

Back