• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can you identify this relay

I have an HID kit by autolampsonline which includes two relays. One of the relays got water in it and corroded. I fixed it for now, but I'd like to buy a new one. Can anyone identify the relay? Is it a common headlight relay? It does not show the manufacturer. It has the numbers 02.024B on the top and 30 85 868787a across the bottom. It is a 40 amp SPDT with 12V DC coil. Enclosed is a pic. I'm hoping I can find it in an auto parts store.

Thanks
MikeC

Attachments

• P1010055.JPG
    P1010055.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 404
  • P1010057.jpg
    P1010057.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 370
looks like a regular fog light relay.. radio shack or autoparts store should have it. They use this relay a lot in alarm and lighting installation.

looks like the plain jane automotive relay. the one pictured has both a normally open and normally closed contact on it. i have seen some blazer brand relays (same plug configuration) where they only have normally open contacts available. i'm sure either of these types will work fine for you for an HID application.

Back