• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can't decide on new wheel...PF01, RPF1 or leave it???

16348974207_5cb7d3b9e1_b.jpg

Looks good, but that poor fender.. And I'm not just talking about the dual side makers :redface:

A bit chewed up there....:eek:

Can you post a pic please....

I'm still debating....the rpf1 is by far best bang for my buck as far as weight, looks and name...I can get a 17/18 set for less then $1000 new...but Every time I think I want a certain one then I look at my car and think it looks great, but now I really like the Work Emotion cR Kai wheels:confused:

Plenty of tread left on my stockers, so I have time to decide I guess....

Take a look at my build thread for pics;

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/165167-91-NSX-Rejuvenation-build/page3

I had CR's on my old RSX, I loved them, but wasnt educated on proper offset then. I think they would have to be concaved to look great on our cars.

I do love my Kojins as well.

RPF1s are a classic motorsport inspired wheel. I love them and have them on my S2K but they are big time poo-poo'd by the S2000 crowd because EVERYONE runs them :p

RPF1s are a classic motorsport inspired wheel. I love them and have them on my S2K but they are big time poo-poo'd by the S2000 crowd because EVERYONE runs them :p

I can see why everyone runs them...great looks , great price and one of the lightest wheels on the market....17/18 weigh just about the same or maybe less then the stock 16/17...

Still so undecided....gonna rock the stock for awhile, or until the tread goes out at least....

Btw, I am currently running the Bridgestone 760's and amazed at how well they have held up...put over 8000 miles on them and they look new still....I have yet to track the car, but they hold up on my twisty canyon commute pretty well.

it seems that there's a lot of wheels being purchased solely on looks (not talking just the NSX crowd,) and ignoring the impact of wheel weights on performance. The RPF1 provides the performance at a reasonable price and a solid look. Mine are powdercoated black on a red car. Lot of s2000 guys keep them stock and add blue lugs. There's a zillion combinations but there's no replacement for light.

Last edited:
it seems that there's a lot of wheels being purchased solely on looks (not talking just the bsx crowd,) and ignoring the impact of wheel weights on performance. The rpf1 provides the performance at a reasonable price and a solid look. Mine are powdercoated black on a red car. Lot of s2000 guys keep them stock and add blue lugs. There's a zillion combinations but there's no replacement for light.

:d :d :d

Has anyone tried Enkei TX5?
They're new and look awesome. But I'm not sure if the fitment will work for my 17/18 setup, Tirerack guy said they don't recommend the 18x8 fitment with +35 +45 offset. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the TX5s.

enkeitun_tx5stan_pg_ci3_l.jpg

TX5.jpg

Last edited:
Saw an article on Honda's IndyCar Aero kit yesterday that made me think of this thread.

Honda Indy3.jpg

Has anyone tried Enkei TX5?
They're new and look awesome. But I'm not sure if the fitment will work for my 17/18 setup, Tirerack guy said they don't recommend the 18x8 fitment with +35 +45 offset. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the TX5s.

The best sizing for the Enkei TX5 for the NSX is:
Front: 17x8 +45 (conservative) or +35 (aggressive)
Rear: 18x9.5 +30 (safe but aggressive) or +15 (extremely aggresive)

The best sizing for the Enkei TX5 for the NSX is:
Front: 17x8 +45 (conservative) or +35 (aggressive)
Rear: 18x9.5 +30 (safe but aggressive) or +15 (extremely aggresive)

Thanks for the recommendation Adrian. That is exactly what I'm going with:

Front: 215/40-17 on 8"+35
Back: 265/35-18 on 9.5"+30

:smile:

Thanks for the recommendation Adrian. That is exactly what I'm going with:

Front: 215/40-17 on 8"+35
Back: 265/35-18 on 9.5"+30

:smile:

Keep in mind that +35 works for most people. On my car it rubbed a little until I rolled one fender. Once that fender was rolled it was fine.
If i were to get those wheels, I'd do the +45 and use a 5mm spacer. It's a better "drivers" offset, especially of you track or do aggressive canyon drives. But that's just me.

Last edited:
Don't know whY, but I got the itch for some new wheels....

I really like the PF01 as they look great, are light weight and won't rape my bank account.:tongue:

Or the even lighter RPF1???

Or just leave the classic stock 7 spokes type R look ??

Going to probably get them powder coated pearl white to match...

My brother in law is a manager at discount tire so I can get a great deal...think I'm leaning towards the PF01...

Anybody in the San Diego area need wheels or tires let me know....I can get you a good deal too:cool:

I like the 7 spoke OEM. But if you decide on getting some new wheels, I might be interested in buying your OEMs. I'm all about OEM but my 93's might have to go. Ahhh.. maybe I'll rock them for a while since they virtually have new tires on them...
index.jpg

I like the 7 spoke OEM. But if you decide on getting some new wheels, I might be interested in buying your OEMs. I'm all about OEM but my 93's might have to go. Ahhh.. maybe I'll rock them for a while since they virtually have new tires on them...
View attachment 121674

I'll let you know, but I'll prolly keep them :redface: I still have two sets of the fat fives from my previous NSX's :tongue:

I keep flip flopping on these two wheel choices(rpf1 and the PF01) I think I may end up going pf01 because I really love the work emotion cr Kai and these look just like them, only they lighter and less expensive then the works....

I'll let you know, but I'll prolly keep them :redface: I still have two sets of the fat fives from my previous NSX's :tongue:

I keep flip flopping on these two wheel choices(rpf1 and the PF01) I think I may end up going pf01 because I really love the work emotion cr Kai and these look just like them, only they lighter and less expensive then the works....

Well... I just picked up some wheels. Got the OEM 7 spokes from a prime member. But, I do need some tires for them. You still have a hook up at Discount Tire? More importantly, got any recommendations for tires - good for canyon carving in SD? like palomar mtn?

Well... I just picked up some wheels. Got the OEM 7 spokes from a prime member. But, I do need some tires for them. You still have a hook up at Discount Tire? More importantly, got any recommendations for tires - good for canyon carving in SD? like palomar mtn?

Yes, call Tim at discount tire in San Diego off the 56 fwy in RP...tell him Mark sent you. 858-324-9015

I went with the Bridgestone Potenza 760's on my 7 spoke oems and have been quite pleased so far...holding up very well and handle street driving great also....I have a nice canyon run on my way to and from work:biggrin:and they've been great...

Yes, call Tim at discount tire in San Diego off the 56 fwy in RP...tell him Mark sent you. 858-324-9015

I went with the Bridgestone Potenza 760's on my 7 spoke oems and have been quite pleased so far...holding up very well and handle street driving great also....I have a nice canyon run on my way to and from work:biggrin:and they've been great...

Awesome! The Potenza 760's look like a good candidate. Thanks Mark!

Well, I finally made a choice.....

And went with neither .....

Just ordered these.... Work Emotion Cr

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 541
Last edited:
Wait, did you get the standard Work Emotion CR? Or did you go with the Work Emotion CR Ultimate (Kiwami)?
The CR Ultimate is newer, lighter and stronger and looks like this:
326.jpg

Pretty sure the cr kiwami just replaced the Kai in the new wheel line up...there is prolly still a supply of the Kai that sos advertise, or hopefully they just send me the kiwamis:tongue:

Back