• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can't edit my post

At the top of the thread you will see a drop-down that says "Thread Tools." Within that drop-down is the edit function. Check to see if you have it available.

Whoops, I take that back. The function I spoke of is a moderator function. Edit buttons should still show up like they used to, unless Lud disabled them for marketplace threads.

Well, I tried the ol' logout and log back in trick and that seemed to work. For some reason the first time I logged into the new site it didn't have those.

Oh well, all is right with the world. :)

Thanks for the help.

NSXBandit said:
I don't see an "Edit" icon on my post: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35475 anymore? Is there a reason that I can't edit since it says that is allowed at the bottom? Is it somehow not recognizing me as the same ID? I am confused...

There is a timeout on how long you can edit posts. It was set to less than the time elapsed since you posted that message. I just extended it considerably so it should let you edit that message now.

NSX Prime said:
I just extended it considerably
Does this mean that there is now a limited time during which you can edit a post, and after that, you can't?

I thought with the old version, you could edit a post basically forever (although a message appears noting that you edited it if you do so more than ten minutes after it's created)... :confused:

You cannot edit your post because too much time has elapsed. I think Lud had the edit function enabled for something like 30 days. After that you have to submit a new post within that thread.

Edits within the marketplace do not require moderator approval, and I'm quite certain the moderators appreciate that fact. :smile:

How Long Will My Ad Run? Ads do not expire. Do not post more than one ad for the same item. If you want, you can revise your ad and after 30 days you can reply to it to "bump" it up to the top.

I got this wording from the market place section. According to this, one would assume you can edit it afterwards....right :confused:

1TITENSX said:
How Long Will My Ad Run? Ads do not expire. Do not post more than one ad for the same item. If you want, you can revise your ad and after 30 days you can reply to it to "bump" it up to the top.

I got this wording from the market place section. According to this, one would assume you can edit it afterwards....right
No. You can still post a separate reply (a new post) to the topic to "bump" it to the top of the forum listing after 30 days. You just can't edit your post after 30 days.

Back