• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can't Find My OBD-II port on 97 NA2

I have a Check engine light and have been trying to find my OBD-II port to pull the code. The part underneath the glovebox did not have the OBD-II port in it so I pulled the glovebox out to see if it got pushed behind it or something and these are the plugs I found. Can someone tell me if one of these is my port? I think the blue one is the Service Connector, however, I would think the OBD-II connector would be somewhere near it. There is a brown plug with ABS written on a label on the cable, a grey plug, and a 2 pin blue plug that were not plugged into anything. None of them are 16 pin either, which I read is the OBD-II standard. Does anyone have a pic or can anyone take a pic of their plug so I can identify mine?

Thanks,

Nate

Attachments

• nsxglovebox1.jpg
    nsxglovebox1.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 683
  • nsxglovebox2.jpg
    nsxglovebox2.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 470
  • nsxglovebox3.jpg
    nsxglovebox3.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 471
That is very strange... when you popped off the small squarish plastic cap under the left side of the glovebox door there was nothing there?

On '02-up cars the obdII port is on the driver side - maybe it's there for some reason.

It should be below the glovebox, under a plastic pop off cover (my airbag switch is in its place)

4318airbag_switch_001.jpg

I crammed myself under the drivers side footwell and looked for a long time and could not find anything that looked like a 16 pin connector at all. Does anyone have a pic of their connector and its location? On the passenger side there was a rectangular hole where I think it would have been, but it was not there. I have heard of folks with 02+ NA2s that had the rectangular hole but their port was on the drivers side, so I looked on the drivers side to no avail. Any help is much appreciated.

on 02+ cars it is a green connector above the driver's side fuse box.

on 02+ cars it is a green connector above the driver's side fuse box.

+1.. It's up in there... but you need to be on the drivers side for sure. Pull the panel near the hood release and search in there. You'll find it.

That's weird because the blue plug that you have pictured is the OBD-I plug... with the car off and ignition on you should be able to stick a paper clip inside this plug to "short" the connection and your engine light will blink to show you the codes...

It should be below the glovebox, under a plastic pop off cover (my airbag switch is in its place)

That's where mine is on my 97. Just used it a few months ago.
It's facing the passenger, you don't have to go under the dash at all.

That's weird because the blue plug that you have pictured is the OBD-I plug... with the car off and ignition on you should be able to stick a paper clip inside this plug to "short" the connection and your engine light will blink to show you the codes...

All US models have the blue connector;).

Regards,
LarryB

Hi s2kadrenalin,

Re the Australian and I think JDM, UK cars this link might give some info.

I tried to find it on my car but it only OBD 1 which works fine with the fault code lights and manual to decifer.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142566

Thanks, but I'm still lost. Where is our ODB1 connector then??

Mine is a 4/94. Threw a CEL the other day. Would like to figure out where and why.

So the blue connector is not an OBD plug? What is it, o' Wise One? The OBDII port on my '97 is right below the glovebox behind a pop-off cover just like others have said. That's why I'd like to see Nate's VIN---

Unless Larry will disagree, the blue connector is an OBD port of sorts. I just used it to get the codes for my TCS and ABS systems. You basically jump the connector and count the blinks from your TCS and ABS lights. Mine indicated a faulty left rear wheel speed sensor. I'm pretty sure that is it's only function.

Unless Larry will disagree, the blue connector is an OBD port of sorts. I just used it to get the codes for my TCS and ABS systems. You basically jump the connector and count the blinks from your TCS and ABS lights. Mine indicated a faulty left rear wheel speed sensor. I'm pretty sure that is it's only function.

I guess you can call it OBDI:)

Regards,
LarryB

Back