• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can't get the NSX off my mind

Okay guys, I did it. A few years after I started this thread, we have had our second child, a new Odyssey, a new house, finished some school, and I brought home my NSX yesterday! It's a 1996 with 33k miles.

I bought the car from a true enthusiast down in California. I drove the car 900 miles to Tacoma. From there, it was shipped up to Anchorage. The car had never seen rain in its life. I had great weather on the whole drive. Well, until Anchorage. Now it has seen snow. I felt driving it home from the port would be better than having it put on a flatbed. I was tired of other people touching it.

On with the pics. The first few shots are of my drive up to Tacoma:

And then yesterday:

And with the TL:

Congratulations! Always great to see this type of 'finish line' of sorts. Welcome to the family, and glad to hear that you were finally able to get your NSX. Love those pictures. The TL is nicely done, and I am in love with that huge garage. I wonder how many Alaskan NSX members we have on here. You're bound to turn some heads with your NSX up there. Keep the photos coming, and once again thanks for sharing the update to your story.

Okay guys, I did it. A few years after I started this thread, we have had our second child, a new Odyssey, a new house, finished some school, and I brought home my NSX yesterday! It's a 1996 with 33k miles.

Thanks for sharing the next part of your NSX story. Your garage is begging for a lift!

The real question is what kind of RC car is that on the bottom shelf without a body? :confused::tongue:

Okay guys, I did it.

Awesome '96.

I was just reading this thread and was going to suggest you get it. I had been thinking about an NSX for a few years at first as a fantasy, then when I realized that my dream could become a reality, all I could do was think about NSX.

I hope all has gone well regarding your plans, the purchase etc. I'm not sure if I think about NSX any less now that I've got my own as well. But am definitely much happier, and my gf appreciates less "NSX talk". Way to go, you've only got one life to live!

Regards,

Lucas

P.S. I think happiness is contagious, I'm sure if your wife was ever a skeptic, she'll learn to love the NSX as much as you do!

I also totally love that your NSX has its own little zone at the back of your awesome garage!!

Thanks for sharing the next part of your NSX story. Your garage is begging for a lift!

The real question is what kind of RC car is that on the bottom shelf without a body? :confused::tongue:

Thanks everyone. The garage was a main selling point!

The RC car isn't mine but it's a 1/8 scale Ofna buggy.

So did you find a good local tech to take care of it?

Beautiful car! I do love to see a pristine and original NSX. Well done!
Careful to try and remain focused at work the first weeks of ownership and count how many times you go to the garage just to look at it!

Enjoy!

Congrats and welcome to the club.

Just saw this - wow; great story with a really good ending. Beautiful NSX!! Glad you finally took the plunge! Have been to Anchorage in March many years ago - remember seeing lots of cars "plugged in" at night with the battery warmers. What a great garage you have for all of your cars! Know how excited you must be - just enjoy this great car (and your great two little ones!!). Cheers, Jay

I know how you feel. After chasing this car since 2001 and finally in a position to have one, its become my obsession. Not a day goes by .. Life is short . You put it off to tomorrow and tomorrow may never come.

I know how you feel. After chasing this car since 2001 and finally in a position to have one, its become my obsession. Not a day goes by .. Life is short . You put it off to tomorrow and tomorrow may never come.

Mug CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

Thanks for the pic of the gas station. It brought back memories of when I picked up my NSX. On January 1st (2011), I picked up my NSX, best way to start out the new year. I picked it up at an office park late at night around 9PM because the trucker was stuck in a town 30 minutes from me and was delivering a Noble to a customer. He said it would be another hour and a half before he got to my house. I said I waited more then 10 years, I'll be there in 30 minutes to pick it up! When it finally came off the transport trailer I noticed it had no gas, probably due to transport regulations, and it was enclosed.

There was a Mobile gas station that was right outside the office park, and when I pulled in I was followed by 2 police cruisers. I thought I ran a stop sign or something from being so giddy, but when I stepped out the officers told me they followed me because they just wanted to know why someone would drive a "ferrari" in the winter and that I looked a little young to be the owner. Is 35 year old Asian the new 15? I told them it's an Acura and it just came off the transport truck from Colorado. Then they hilariously said SWEEET!, never seen an Acura look so exotic, now get that thing off the road before it picks up salt. I also used the pump that was closest to the store! Love that pic man. And I also owned a 2003 TL typeS before purchasing the NSX. You weren't the only one who couldn't get the NSX "off their mind". Many of us share the same dream and obsession years before fruition. Thanks for the thread. Good story, good read. Mug congrats again and enjoy my Formula Red brother.

The snow did worry me. So, right when I arrived home from the dock, I washed the wheel wells and undercarriage. Since the car has never seen rain (still hasn't), most of what I was washing off was brake dust and road dust!

I thought I was OCD when it comes to my NSX but this is far worse

and never seen rain LOL I love when seller tells the buyer that LOL how do you really know, husband out of town wife takes it for a spin in rains she gets home it drys he come home and in his mind its never seen rain but the wife knows the truth LOL

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to say congrats wait till someone asks you is it the new corvettes and you end up punching them LOL

Back