• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cant pull the trigger on an Exhaust!! Help

My 95 NSX is all stock and a little to quite for my taste. I do not want a high pitched civic sounds. Looking for more of an exotic sounding car.

I had a 05 TL with Comptech exhaust on it and it sounded amazing, but i dont think it will sound the same.

I am leaning toward a SOS Endura lite exhaust.

Looking for feedback?????

Please help!!!
ScienceofSpe

Pled Endura Lite Exhaust

Get the b&b muffler previously known as the RM racing muffler.

It has a low deep tone med/ loud volume.

The comptech muffler is not much louder than stock and isnt very deep.

I have the Dali polished race exhaust on my 95 and it sounds great!

high pitched civic sound? :confused: you do know this is a V6 and the end result of an exhaust poorly slapped together would be more like a buick than a civic right?

you want an exotic sound, which is aimed at going as high pitched as possible and requires a lot more work to achieve, then Pride V2 would be the highest pitched. Porsche owners thought I had a Ferrari at a track event after they heard me flying down the front straight at 8k rpms. (naturally they were too stuck up to give my car a look until that point) if that sounds too civic-like for you :rolleyes:, then try the Pride V1 or Prospeed, which is slightly lower pitched.

GTLW gets my vote too.

I have GTLW, GT-one Titanium straight pipe, and Comptech Headers. It sounds amazing, at least I like it. It sounds different than a 4 banger with exhaust which I can ensure, so people don't get confuse if thats what you are worrying. I get complement on the sound all the time.

The combo does not drown much and not too loud in the cabin. But be ready that this is a very loud setup from the outside because people has been telling me that my car is too loud.:smile:

One time I red lined it and someone was next to me with window down, he came up next to me said "You need to fix your exhaust, it sounds like shit" I was like "it's stock". He shakes his head. :biggrin:(He was hating because I broke his ear drum)

PS Stock Cat sounds very deep with GTLW and CT headers
PSS Different Straight pipe might sound different because I have heard the same setup from another nsx but different Straight pipe, and it sounds different. It might have to do with the material.

GTLW is pretty loud IMO.
It's not that bad inside the car, but outside it's ridiculously loud.
I followed a pair of NSXs to NSXPO 2010 and they both had GTLWs and I seriously had to drive in front of them because I couldn't stand listening to them as they resonated in my cabin.

I personnally have the Taitec GT-102 and like the volume and the tone. It's definitely a lot quieter than the GTLW, but louder than the stock exhaust. They aren't as many around as the GTLW, but I recommend it if you can find one.

Last edited:
Hands down the Pride V1 or V2. I have had the Magnaflow and the inconel GT 102. Heard the GTLW, and think the Pride's sound more exotic. The Taitecs have a deeper tone. I have been using the Pride V1 with test pipes and it sounded amazing! People could not stop complimenting on my exhaust sound. I am hoping the sound with turbo will satisfy my need for sound.

I would say 60,000 views of an exhaust rev video in 18 months speaks for itself...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Eo7hDeqgZ_4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hands down the Pride V1 or V2. I have had the Magnaflow and the inconel GT 102. Heard the GTLW, and think the Pride's sound more exotic. The Taitecs have a deeper tone. I have been using the Pride V1 with test pipes and it sounded amazing! People could not stop complimenting on my exhaust sound. I am hoping the sound with turbo will satisfy my need for sound.

I will get a clip of my exhaust to show you the sound and YouTube it. Turbo won't make you quieter....... Least not with my set up hehehe

I have RM exhaust and I love it the way it sounds... it doens't sound like my civic with cat back exhaust with resonator removed.

i have bought the Messiah exhaust and should be installing it next week so i cannot say how it sounds apart from this clip however i can tell you it is a work of art the welds the bends everything is done to perfection everyone who has seen it just goes shit that is some nice work.
I just need to get the car on the hoist and get it on.
I would say 60,000 views of an exhaust rev video in 18 months speaks for itself...

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Eo7hDeqgZ_4" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Pride V2. Mark is great to deal with and personaly follows up if you have any issues like instalation or delivery. Plus the sound is awesome. I've had mine about a month now and have had positive comments from my Lambo and Ferrari friends.

I've had the Teitec GTLW with Comptech headers and stock cats. Thought that sounded pretty nice. At low rpm's it was somewhat quiet but when you got into it, it opened up nicely. I thought it was a nice balance.

But since going with twin turbos, I have a different exhaust setup. the turbos quiet the exhaust note. Since my turbos are "cat back" I eliminated the cats and went with test pipes (for several reasons). My system came with a Borla exhaust. I will tell you the car sounds exotic. When you step into it, the exhaust just sings. I haven't turned the radio on since I did this install.

Back