• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cantrell Concepts Advanced Header System

Ponyboy said:
I'm no expert (though I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night ;) ) but wrapping the headers will provide something like the same type of effect but not nearly as effectively as heat insulating coating. The coating can be applied on the outside and inside of the headers thereby increasing thermal efficiency. Plus it looks really cool.

Yeah, but isn't ceramic coating really expensive?

Great handle BTW

Well, this header is really more informational published than the ZTec one. I have a little bit difficulties with the price level as there are similar and proven headers already out there. But good job anyway.

AU_NSX said:
They are looking awesome Will!

Tell me, as you say they will be available from SOS... Will the heat insulation treatment be available?

If you purchase through SOS, you will have to check with them. I'm sure they can take care of that for you. If you purchase through the group purchase I can have them coated for you.

Will

What is the approximate cost of the coating? What would happen if you coated and wrapped the headers?

Thanks for the info on the wrapping vs coating. One more question, what is the total weight of the headers?

Are these headers......
1. full T-304 stainless steel (i know you mentioned USA stainless steel)
2. equal length primary tube design
3. long-length primary tube design
4. factory-style ball-seat socket joints
5. 02 sensor mounted in collector for emissions compliance & best performance
6. port matched inlet ports
7. shaped / port matched merged collectors
8. surfaced & trued head mounting flanges

This is a list of features from the SOS headers that I am trying to compare
(mainly I am interested if they are equal length 3-1 design and are they made of full T-304 stainless steel but if you place a check mark next to your similarities that would be helpfull also)
thanks

JCOverNSX said:
Are these headers......
1. full T-304 stainless steel (i know you mentioned USA stainless steel)
2. equal length primary tube design
3. long-length primary tube design
4. factory-style ball-seat socket joints
5. 02 sensor mounted in collector for emissions compliance & best performance
6. port matched inlet ports
7. shaped / port matched merged collectors
8. surfaced & trued head mounting flanges

This is a list of features from the SOS headers that I am trying to compare
(mainly I am interested if they are equal length 3-1 design and are they made of full T-304 stainless steel but if you place a check mark next to your similarities that would be helpfull also)
thanks

The Cantrell Concepts headers do not have long-length primary tube design. They are equal length. The primary length and diameter we chose gives great horsepower increase as well a uniform torque increase. I don't know of any other headers available that have the same primary dimensions as ours.

Also, what is the spec? bore size? equal length? etc

The Cantrell Concepts headers do have the factory-style ball-seat socket joints, with factory style gaskets. You can even use the OE gaskets and bolts should you ever need to replace one.
The 02 sensors are mounted past the collector for emissions compliance & best performance and they are equal length.
The inlet ports are matched to the factory oval shape.

Excuse my ignorance but what makes this header better than the others on the market right now? I thought the best one (design, fitment) was the SOS unit but if this is better then please explain. Thanks.

Cantrell Concepts said:
The Cantrell Concepts headers do have the factory-style ball-seat socket joints, with factory style gaskets. You can even use the OE gaskets and bolts should you ever need to replace one.
The 02 sensors are mounted past the collector for emissions compliance & best performance and they are equal length.
The inlet ports are matched to the factory oval shape.

What is the bore size?

what is the thickness of the steel and what type is it exactly? I don't think we have a clear answer on this one yet.

Cantrell Concepts said:
We are looking in to CARB approval now. Until then, the headers are not CARB exempt. Our headers are CARB compliant, but it does not matter if a header is CARB compliant if they do not have a CARB approval number.

I think it would be best to start a new thread for the group buy. I will do this now.

Will

I understand your looking into CARB approval now as stated above, so does that mean in the future or after this group buy they will be CARB approved?

creative design, to say the leasts. . .

JCOverNSX said:
I understand your looking into CARB approval now as stated above, so does that mean in the future or after this group buy they will be CARB approved?

Ditto... :confused:

That's a major point for myself (Cali-emmigrant) and a dozen or so other interested Cali' NSX'ers.

Also, were anyother aftermarket headers run side-by-side to the Cantrell headers/exhaust-manifolds? A relative point of reference would give some perspective to the dyno results (which appear to be impressive regardless). Of-course these advanced headers are good, just curious how much better!

Also, there was no use of any AIS (intake scoop) and/or aftermarket air-element filter?

Thanks. :cool:

Back