• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Captain Jack Sparrow.

Great, great movie. Can't wait for the sequel.:biggrin:

awful awful movie with no ending. the wife dragged me to it (she'll go to any old thing depp does) and even she didn't really like it. she says she'll wait for #3 to come out on video.

Without Hans Zimmer the movie would've sucked.

No, not realy but the music just does it, awesome. Just like robr I was dragged to see it by my girlfriend and I have to admit I smiled at some of the scenes. I don't like the fact there is an open or ... respectively no end for the sequel, but it's still an entertaining movie and that's what hollywood is about right? You go see the movie, you're entertained and you leave with a good feeling.

Loved it. Not as much as the first, but thought it was very entertaining. Don't forget guys, these aren't 2 movies. Just one big one split in half...aka Kill Bill.

He's filming the 2nd one at the same time as Dead Man's chest. They have the black pearl over at Disney Feature Animation studios in Burbank/Glendale on one of the sound stages. Pretty damn impressive.

Alot of my coworkers are growing beards here at work since quite a few of them are extras. Funny stuff goin on.

Didn't enjoy it as much as the first at all. It was too long...perhaps they should have just skipped to the third.

I liked it too and it's NOT as bad as people said it was going to be.

***STAY UNTIL THE END OF THE CREDITS***
As with the first movie (Black Pearl), they showed something at the end after the credits rolled.

Hint: They do something to the dog after it got left on the island. :biggrin:

robr said:
awful awful movie with no ending. the wife dragged me to it (she'll go to any old thing depp does) and even she didn't really like it.

Ah shoot. I didn't wait. So what happened to the dog?
Joel said:

As with the first movie (Black Pearl), they showed something at the end after the credits rolled.

Joel said:

Dammit! Now I gotta watch it again! I'm going to guess they made him the god or whatever.

This one isnt even really about pirates at all....kinda dissapointing...too much going on....first one had a true pirate feel...this one..

sea monsters.
sea creatures
voodoo
tribal people...

wheres the real pirates!

I never saw the first but was assured this would be worth the $9 for the ticket. I wish they offered refunds at the ticket counter. Way too long, boring dialogue, terrible ending.

I will take Lieutenant Dan over Captain Jack any day! :biggrin:

tom_hanks1.jpg

i have a feeling the next installment of pirates of the carribean will have the pirates fighting some NINJAS since they are going to be in the EAST LOL

Chow Yuen Fatt also starring. :biggrin:
khappucino said:
i have a feeling the next installment of pirates of the carribean will have the pirates fighting some NINJAS since they are going to be in the EAST LOL

robr said:
awful awful movie with no ending. the wife dragged me to it (she'll go to any old thing depp does) and even she didn't really like it. she says she'll wait for #3 to come out on video.

Not awful...but there was no resolution/ending. If I had paid for the tickets I would have been ticked.

Back