• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car Capsule

Does anyone here use a Car Capsule for storage? If so, what are your impressions? Also, what size do you have? I notice the 16' version is 72" wide and the 18' version is 76" wide. The specs say the NSX is 71.3" wide, just wondering if the 16' works with the NSX.

Thanks

John

I have one and it is quite possibly the best gadget ever.

You wash the car and make it look all pretty, them you roll out the mat drive the car onto it and zip up the bubble around the car. Fifteen minutes later it is fully inflated. It is tough, you could throw an unopened coke can at it and it would not contact the car. Plus, you get to see your car look as clean as day one all winter long while everything around you is snowy and gross.

I have the 18x76x80 and the car could be 5 inches wider and fit with no problem still. Once the bubble is blown up the sides bulge out about 6-7 more inches from the mat base anyhow. The only pain about the whole thing is getting the car where you want it on the matt, but even that only takes 5-10 minues max is you are really picky. If I had it to do all over again, I would get the 18x76x68. The only reason I got the taller one was becuase I had a 996 with a supercup aero kit and a HUGE wing on the rear, so we were worried about the length/height issues. It never would have been a problem with the lower height.

The best part is no matter how many cars you go through it will fit them all, unlike a car cover. The only drawback is that your neighbors will think you are wierd. It is so funny to see people drive past my garage, back up and just stare at it :)

If you have other questions let me know.
Aaron

caz-nsx said:
Thanks Aaron,

Do you think the 16' long version will be ok. It sounds like the width of 72" should not be an issue.

I think the car could fit in there but it would be very close the front and back, possibly evet a bit too short.

The nice part about the 18 is that there is protection on all sides of the car. The bubble never gets near the car itself which allows people to open car doors into it, kids to throw snowballs near it, shovels to fall on it, etc and you never need to worry about the car getting touched by anything. I think getting an NSX on the mat if it were 2 feet shorter would be a real pain too.
Aaron

Bubble

How much are one of those bubbles?

what about humidity or condensation? is there a temperature monitor? please post pic...i'm interested also...

Blue Knight said:
what about humidity or condensation? is there a temperature monitor? please post pic...i'm interested also...

There is no humidity control, but the fan does make all moisture evaporate pretty quick from what the instructions say. I have always put the car in there clean and dry, so I'm not sure how long it would take. It gets 30 below where I live and I have never seen one drop of frost, steam, or anything of the like inside there but my garage is heated so that may be a factor.
Aaron

I didn't take any pics of it last year, but I will be putting my baby away in about 5-6 weeks, so I'll take lots of pics when I do so people can see the setup, inflation and final look of it.

I have seen it, and it looks pretty cool. But if you are going to put your NSX in the bubble, you must have a couple of teddy bears in racing suits sitting in the NSX to guard it....right Aaron? :)

Back