• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car covers

Searched the forum and didn't come up with anything.
Looking for a top quality car cover for 1999 nsx.
Any recommendations?

Searched the forum and didn't come up with anything.
Looking for a top quality car cover for 1999 nsx.
Any recommendations?

which kind...inside only or outdoor?

OP needs to be specific about intended use. Indoor only or suitable for outdoor use? If outdoor, sun and dust protection only or will it have to deal with rain and other stuff. If looking for a little dent protection that points in the direction of a heavier fabric.

I have the OEM cover for my NSX which I use with a storage bag for indoor winter storage only. On another car which gets stored outside during the summer, I have used HP Weathershield and am currently using a Subrella cover. The Weathershield was nice and light and folded up easily. Good sun and dust protection. No dent protection. A bit like parachute silk so very difficult to install outdoors on a windy day. After 4 years of exposure to summer sun the fabric had started tearing and disintegrating. I am now trying Sunbrella because it is claimed to have the best resistance to UV exposure. It is a much heavier / bulkier fabric so it does not fold up as easily or compactly as the Weathershield. Thicker so some dent protection. Both Weathershield and Sunbrella are woven fabrics and are breathable. If they accumulate surface dust and then it rains on the cover, the dust will wash through the cover leaving light dirt residue on the car and trapping dust in the fabric. Both materials need to be washed on occasion - you need a commercial washing machine for that.

My son has a NOAH fabric cover which he uses for long term outside storage of his car during the winter while he is away at University. Four years old and not showing any significant deterioration. However, car is stored in an area with no direct sun exposure and for at least 4 months the cover has a nice protective snow covering on it. Fabric is heavy and bulky and a bit of a pain to fold up and store. Definitely requires more storage space than the Weathershield or Sunbrella. Based upon my Son's car, folding up a NOAH cover to squeeze into the trunk of an NSX could be interesting. Heavier than the Sunbrella so probably offers the best dent protection.

Direct exposure to sun is the number one killer of car cover fabrics. If the cover is being used outdoors in an exposed area, you need to figure out whether you want to spend $ for a longer lasting cover or go cheap and replace once a year.

Last time I compared, the pricing was (low to high) NOAH - HP Weathershield - Sunbrella. A custom fit Sunbrella cover delivered to my door with shipping and taxes was around $600 + Cdn $. I think my Son's NOAH was less than $400; but, that was 5 years ago. Shipping costs for NOAH and Sunbrella are not trivial and need to be factored in to the purchase decision (if price matters) because of the bulk and weight of the package.

Last edited:
Just for protection from dust or are you looking for some door ding protection in a parking garage? If its just dust protection, the SOS cover would probably be a safe bet. If you want door ding protection, you will have to consider a heavy fabric like NOAH.

Back