• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car failed Inspection/MOT - beacuse reverse light is red...........!

Hi

I need some help here. I never thought about it before but my reserve light (the plastic lens) is indeed red - and failed MOT because of this. It does not look to be painted - looks original. Were the NSX sold without reverse lights or with red light anywhere in the world? My car was first registered in Germany so it should comply with EU regulation.

Anyone??

- Thanks, Niels

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 161
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 158
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 158
I found out that there are 4 different tail lights. JDM, USDM, EU LHD and EU RHD (UK). For the UK version the fog and reverse light is switched so I must have a UK spec right rear lens...

Luckily Christian Mittendorfer @ ATM Racing Parts has a second hand one for me :D:D

That's how the OEM tail light built (with red lens for the rear fog) for the European spec NSX.
It should be positioned at the driver side so for the KG spec, that will be the left side.

I don't know where you have registered your NSX but if you registered and taking the MoT in UK, the regulation states that it has to be positioned to the centre or offside (that is Right side for UK) of vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1980.

[Update: Looks like I was bit late.... You already found the answer while I was writing....]

Kaz

Last edited:
You are replacing parts completely unnecessarily. And the US guys are not able to help you on this as they don't have fog lights. The EU version has a red light for the rear fog light and a white one for the reverse light. The question should be why your rear fog light lights in reverse? Or did you switch on the fog lights as requested by a questionable expert and the idiot thought it was the reverse light?

Back