• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

car history

I'm looking at a '98 NSX vin: JH4NA2166WT000155.

Any one have knowledge on it's history? I've been in love with the NSX for years, it's time to buy and enjoy.

thanks,
rakster

I can check it out if you're serious about it. If you are really serious, I can meet the guy at Basch Acura and have the expert (Mark) do a thorough evaluation on it. Let me know.

PhoeN$X,

Yes, I'm very serious. It looks good in the pictures, but I would appreciate a professional to look at it.

Here is the location:
"Hey Robert give me a call 602-451-4870 we are in Tempe just north of the 202 past Curry on Scottsdale Road. We can deliver the car for an inspection.
Thanks Erwin "

Thanks PhoeN$X,
Robert

Here's what CarFax has to say:

--------------------------------------------
VIN: JH4NA2166WT000155
Year/Make/Model: 1998 ACURA NSX-T

Body Style: COUPE
Engine: 3.2L V6 PFI DOHC 24V
Fuel: GASOLINE
Driveline: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
Carburetion: FUEL INJECTED
Cylinders: 6
Manufactured in: JAPAN

GOOD NEWS! CARFAX search results confirm this 1998 ACURA NSX-T (JH4NA2166WT000155) qualifies for the CARFAX FREE $5,000 Clean Title History Guarantee.

CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's title history to determine if any title documents were designated or marked with the following problems:

Problem Titles Checked: Results:
Salvage/Junk Checked - No Salvage/Junk Title Found
Rebuilt/Reconstructed Checked - No Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title Found
Flood Damage Checked - No Flood Damage Title Found
Damage Disclosure Checked - No Damage Disclosure Found
Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON) Checked - No Manufacturer Buyback Found
Exceeds Mechanical Limits (EML) Checked - No EML Found
Not Actual Mileage (NAM) Checked - No NAM Found

GOOD NEWS! CARFAX search results on this 1998 ACURA NSX-T (JH4NA2166WT000155) did not uncover a potential odometer rollback. CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's reported odometer readings to determine if any reading is less than a previously reported reading.

Date Reported: Odometer Reading:
12/16/1998 45

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

03/10/2000 6,469

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/27/2000 11,631

02/14/2002 22,374

04/22/2002 24,000

10/11/2002 24,753

GOOD NEWS! CARFAX search results on this 1998 ACURA NSX-T (JH4NA2166WT000155) did not uncover any of the following problems:

Problems Checked: Results:
Accident Checked - No Accident Record Found
Salvage Auction Checked - No Salvage Auction Record Found
Failed Emissions Inspection Checked - No Failed Emissions Record Found
Fire Damage Checked - No Fire Damage Record Found
Crash Test Vehicle Checked - No Crash Test Vehicle Record Found
Grey Market Vehicle Checked - No Grey Market Vehicle Record Found

CARFAX search results on this 1998 ACURA NSX-T (JH4NA2166WT000155) identify the types of state motor vehicle department registrations, other than private, that appear in this vehicle's history.

Registrations Checked: Results:
Lease Checked - Lease Registration Found
Rental Checked - No Rental Registration Found
Government Checked - No Government Registration Found
Taxi Checked - No Taxi Registration Found
Fleet Checked - No Fleet Registration Found
Commercial Checked - Commercial Registration Found
Non-Profit Checked - No Non-Profit Registration Found

The CARFAX database contains a total of 10 vehicle history records on this 1998 ACURA NSX-T (JH4NA2166WT000155):

DATE
REPORTED ODOMETER
READING INFORMATION
SOURCE GENERAL
COMMENTS
11/01/1998 Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Pipersville, PA
Registered as
commercial lease vehicle

12/16/1998 45 Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
South Hadley, MA
Title #52763220 01 HO
Title or registration issued
First owner reported
Registered as lease vehicle

03/10/2000 6,469 Pennsylvania
Inspection Station
South Hadley, MA
Passed emissions inspection

10/27/2000 11,631 Pennsylvania
Inspection Station
South Hadley, MA
Passed emissions inspection

02/14/2002 22,374 Auto Auction
Sold at auction
in Eastern Region
Listed as
a dealer vehicle

04/09/2002 Auto Auction
Sold at auction
in Eastern Region
Listed as
a dealer vehicle

04/22/2002 24,000 Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Nazareth, PA
Title #52763220EA02
Title issued
Ownership transfer reported

06/10/2002 Oklahoma
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Tulsa, OK
Title #722402161001
Registration issued

10/11/2002 24,753 Auto Auction
Sold at auction
in Pacific Southwest Region
Listed as
a dealer vehicle

Not Reported Auto Inventory
Offered for sale
at dealership

Originally posted by rakster:
Here is the location:
"Hey Robert give me a call 602-451-4870 we are in Tempe just north of the 202 past Curry on Scottsdale Road. We can deliver the car for an inspection.
Thanks Erwin "

Thanks PhoeN$X,
Robert

Hi Robert, he's pretty close to Basch Acura. Since the dealer is willing to deliver the car for inspection, why don't you call Mark Basch and set up an appointment? Mark can provide a far more thorough evaluation than me, and he did mine for free (although I'm local and therefore more likely to be a potential customer
smile.gif
).

Have you and the dealer agreed on a ballpark for the price if the inspection goes well? If not, you might want to negotiate that first before setting up the inspection. If you're still interested and want my assistance, read the email I just sent you.

Good luck!

[This message has been edited by PHOEN$X (edited 19 October 2002).]

Thanks to one and all who have assisted in providing information on this car.

Special thanks to Mark Basch for an excellent and thorough examiniation of what is now my NSX.

You guys are terrific.

Robert

Status: Buying this car caused quite a commotion in the office. My boss actually came on the trip back from Phoenix to Atlanta. After a day of riding in the car non-stop, other than food and fuel, we felt really great at the end.

Love the car.
rk

congrats!!! arent ya glad?!!

yeah, i dont go to an office(im as close to self-employed without being self-employed as you can get). BUT when i did visit my branch office with the nsx last year, well, pretty much everyone knew it was my car within two hours. that old office buzz is somethin else. another one of my peers has a vette z and several people actually came up and said 'your car is prettier than' the vette.

if your boss can afford it, i'll bet he has one with the year...

congrats.

Originally posted by NSX-GUY:
Hey aaron,

Love the blue. Beautiful.

So what did you end up paying for it ?

I'd be interested in knowing this as well since I'm also in the market for an NSX.

-Awais

------------------
2001 QuickSilver Corvette Coupe - Not Stock [503 RWHP, 545 RWTQ]

2002 Black Acura 3.2 TL/S

www.RacingFlix.com

Back