• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car-Related Things to See in Manhattan?

Hi Fellow primers!
My wife and I are visiting Manhattan this weekend (from Calgary, Canada) for a little away-from-the-kids time from Thursday afternoon until Sunday afternoon. Our evenings are full with a broadway show, a U2 concert, and a late dinner. In the day we plan on doing some shopping and seeing a museum or two, but that's about it for an itinerary.

We've been before and done most of the touristy stuff, so I am looking for any fun and interesting car-related things to do...our short timeframe probably means we can't travel too far or too long, so I'd like to stay in Manhattan. Any recommendations?

Also, any tips for post-concert hangover breakfast spots near Grand Central would be appreciated as well!

Thanks all!
Mr. Fuji

I can't think of any and Manhattan is usually the last place anyone wants to bring cars. It's just too difficult to get around in a car.

That's disappointing, I really don't want to shop ALL day long.

I thought of contacting the Manhattan Classic Car Club (Spinelli and Co.) to see if they would be open for a visit, but that was the end of my insightful streak.

I did some quick googling and all I found was the Ferrari Store, and thought there would be more auto-related stuff in such an affluent area...which is was prompted the post.

the Ferrari dealer/store is ok....or you could just drive up and down 11 ave going to car dealerships :wink:

The roads in Manhattan are terrible, never mind the cabs, delivery trucks, etc.- I am pretty sure I would not bring my NSX there under any circumstances. The Ferrari store was kind of a letdown, glad that it wasn't the only interesting thing to do.

We saw U2, who put on an excellent show, it was much more down to earth than some of their other concerts.
Other highlights were a broadway play: Jason Alexander in Fish In The Dark; the MoMA, people watching, shopping, and several pubs to get away from the hot & muggy weather.

Next time you come through, IDK if non members can get in, me not being a member and all. But, the Classic Car Club of Manhattan is amazing. Has some great cars to see. That's probably the coolest car related thing I can think of when it comes to cars in NYC.

I try to tell people coming in from out of town to stay away from times square. Try the village or if you are feeling a tiny bit adventurous stroll into North Brooklyn Williamsburg side.

Last edited:
I go to manhattan every now and then. I dont worry about bringing my car there. I guess i am just used to the "dodging" and cabs while driving around.

:)

I go to manhattan every now and then. I dont worry about bringing my car there. I guess i am just used to the "dodging" and cabs while driving around.

:)

Been there, seen Mike do this. I remember thinking - "are we really going straight through NYC? - damn!"

Back